Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Know of any cases of nepotism?

Everyone wants to favour his or her family member or close friends first without regarding how qualified they are actually bad. It doesn't look as if it'll stop any time soon
This is why I like the western world. They promote competency and excellence and you would rarely see an unqualified person being appointed to a role he or she isn't qualified for.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is why I like the western world. They promote competency and excellence and you would rarely see an unqualified person being appointed to a role he or she isn't qualified for.
I believe this thing is very much present even in the western world, it's their way to keep wealth in the family. I believe with careful research you would find a lot of this cases over there

I have experienced it before, after applying for a job and going for interview in a government organisation, the boss's daughter who did not go for the interview was given the position, why did they call for interview when they have someone in mind?

My home country is the hub for nepotism. This is the reason why It is very difficult for people of different ethnicity to get jobs. The job keep circulating round a particular geographical area.

Unfortunately, in my former country and especially in many southern and northern west cities, nepotism constitutes a must to be employed, whether in the governmental areas, whether among private companies. Nepotism has so deep roots that in the city where I was born you can't get any employment, even a charwoman chore (and I'm not kidding) if you aren't acquainted with a politician. Nepotism is one of the biggest reasons of the shamefully high rate unemployment in my former country.

Nepotism is the normal in my country especially in government where appointment and contracts are giving to family and friends. A particular region of the country are occupying the top positions in the country simply because the president is from that region.
I believe that it is only in African countries that this is very common because a lot of my friends that are in Europe always tells me that the reverse is the case over there.

Nepotism is a very serious rampant disease in my country here. Funny thing is it's roots are growing stronger by the day as it's getting enmeshed in loads of tribalism.
The language of "my brother" once anyone has been spotted from your region beclouds thinking and from then on, favours are only shown to those people
A lot of people have actually been killed in my country Nigeria as a result of this because they felt that we are actually one but to some of these tribal groups we are never the same thing.

Favouritism is everywhere most especially among the government officials which gives out appointment to most of their relatives, friends and those who are loyal to them rather than those who are capable for the appointment.

Nepotism is the order of the day in my country. It makes it very hard for some tribes to get access to some jobs. The reason is that the ministry is dominated by certain tribes of of the country.

The case of nepotism is very common most especially in the third world countries of Africa, Asia and Latin America which is carried out both in government organisation and the private owned organisation or enterprise.
One of the areas that the issue of nepotism is mostly found is in the public sector,it is just because in government esterblishment,the issue of profit making is not a top priority to the government,so things are not done properlly.

I believe this thing is very much present even in the western world, it's their way to keep wealth in the family. I believe with careful research you would find a lot of this cases over there
It is actually happening here in my country , the rich will continue to get richer because they prefer handing over their post in the government to their family member , and dont allow their children to marry from a poor family background.

It is a common thing here.
Both in governmental and non governmental organisations.
People of the same families or ethnic groups are employed without basic qualification.

Unfortunately this is something that is very common in most developing countries because it is the way they have laid the foundation for years and it's going to be very difficult for them to stop doing it because anyone who get into a position of power will always link up their families to take up every opportunity that comes up there.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds