Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the best age to become a manager?

Maturity is more important than age. Knowledge also plays a big role in managerial position.
[automerge]1639079029[/automerge]
I think knowledge and experience of the kind of business you manage matters the most. Wisdom also plays a role in being a manager. A young person can be a manager if he or she has wisdom to manage older people who might not have the same education.

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
I don't think there is any specific age, which is been assigned as the best age to become a manager. The more someone can be creative, reasoning to solve a problem, he can handle an office.

There's no certain age for being a manager. What it requires is how matured you're and the knowledge you have in being a manager.

I think the ideal age to become a manager is 33 years of age. A man would have reached peak of maturity at this stage both in terms of reasoning and physical body. This may be very from one person to another but this is my point of you.

Running a successful Business doesn't have to do with age at all, once you are capable and you truly know that Business is really what you want, why not become the manager at age 16. Once you have the basic Managerial skills you are good to go

As long as you reach legal age there is no hindrance to become a manager. I am stating the age because a minor is not allowed to sign legal documents in his own capacity. Any legal transaction would need the consent of the parents. With a young manager, the obstacle may be the respect of the subordinates who are much older than him.

You can be a manager at any age but mostimes it does not really depend on this except if you are below the age of 20, it might also depend on your qualification and ability to manage a business or an organisation... Some people even at 40 years may not be able to manage a business.

As long as you reach legal age there is no hindrance to become a manager. I am stating the age because a minor is not allowed to sign legal documents in his own capacity. Any legal transaction would need the consent of the parents. With a young manager, the obstacle may be the respect of the subordinates who are much older than him.
Yeah, young managers do face alot of disrespect from older employees. But at as long as you are old enough to sign legal documents, you can do the management work. But you should also have the skills required in order to be a manager.

I think someone should be able to become a manager in a company at the age of 25 years. This is going to possible if it happens that the person graduate from the University at the age of 20 years together with five years working experience.

Age shouldn't be a barrier to one becoming a manager. Once you have all the wealth of experience and you have the required leadership skills, nothing stops you from heading the company. Age is just a number.

Age shouldn't be a barrier to one becoming a manager. Once you have all the wealth of experience and you have the required leadership skills, nothing stops you from heading the company. Age is just a number.
So does it really mean that you can trust a person below the age of 18 years with a huge sum of money to be a manager ? Age is always considered in everything that is being done. Even in government age are always considered.. I can't trust immature people with my money in business.

Age should not be a barrier in determining when to become a boss and manager in an organisation, I believe if you have the capability of leading an organisation as a manager.

I think anyone who is about the legal Ave which is 18 years plus can be a manager so far he has undergone the training and passes
If I actually become a manager at the age of 18 years and believe that it's something that is very impressive because most people lately don't even graduate from University at the age of 18.

The exact age might be different from one person to another as well as the countries. I think three years after you have graduated from the University is enough for someone to acquire all the necessary experience to become a manager.

Becoming a manager has nothing to do with age but intelligence so if you are 15 or 10 and you are to be a manager then you are good that is what I feel.
From the look of things I believe that becoming a manager at a very young age is not something that is very common in my country Nigeria because a lot of people believe that with age comes more knowledge.

Being a company's manager should start from the range of 18-20 and above, a manager should be self decipline no matter the age, and should have knowledge on what he is given to manage.

Becoming a manager has nothing to do with age but intelligence so if you are 15 or 10 and you are to be a manager then you are good that is what I feel.
This is actually something that I've come to understand and believe very well right now that age doesn't really matter as long as the person have the knowledge and the skills to deliver on-the-job successfully.

Well I don't think there's a basis or a blueprint to follow as age doesn't really mean but the capability of the person on question, let whoever qualifies more have the role irrespective of the age

In a company or organisation I never across such things but I don't think that age matters to become a manager of a particular company l, it only need your working experiences and how you display your skills of views.
My cousin brother who is actually just 22-years old was actually meant the manager of the company where he worked ahead of someone who is 35 years old simply because he is more qualified to do the job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds