Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

what causes sudden increase in number of contract Staff ?

maventiger

Mythical member
Credits
By using contract staff both businesses and contractors can accomplish work quickly and efficiently.

Advances in technology have increased the need for businesses to provide high-speed services quickly and efficiently. Fortunately for companies, contract workers thrive on producing high quality work and completing projects in the most efficient and effective way possible.

Most companies can attest to the impact of having a contract staff executive projects in a timely manner but the decrease in payment in form of wages or salary is what I don't understand as it has been the norm in my country.

what's your view on contract staffs and their wages in your country?

Advertisement Placeholder
By using contract staff both businesses and contractors can accomplish work quickly and efficiently.

Advances in technology have increased the need for businesses to provide high-speed services quickly and efficiently. Fortunately for companies, contract workers thrive on producing high quality work and completing projects in the most efficient and effective way possible.

Most companies can attest to the impact of having a contract staff executive projects in a timely manner but the decrease in payment in form of wages or salary is what I don't understand as it has been the norm in my country.

In my country contract staff are paid paltry salaries even when they obviously work harder than the full staff and never get promoted as a result of this it makes them disgruntled.
Due to the high level of unemployment many graduates still jump at the opportunity to become contract staff.

In my country contract staff are paid paltry salaries even when they obviously work harder than the full staff and never get promoted as a result of this it makes them disgruntled.
Due to the high level of unemployment many graduates still jump at the opportunity to become contract staff.
@Lilia I can relate so well with the comment above. Same thing happen in my country and all developing countries. I know so many companies that recruit cheap labour to execute difficult projects.

What you said is very true. Some of these companies eben want contract staffs to even use their personal resources to fund the company's contract and st the end of the day they end up getting a poor reimbursement. I so not blame contract Staffs who collects 75% fund from the company before starting the contract.

Most companies tends to employ contract staffs in order to reduce the expenses on labor. It’s also done in order to maximize output whenever there’s a deadline. Contract staffs have no guarantee on the job and can be released at any time. Also some companies does this in order to strengthen their labor force for a short time so as to meet a target.

To minimize the cost of salary. Business owners are now making use of contract workers because the pay is somehow low for the contract workers compare to the full time workers. That's my thought though.

I agree I think most companies utilises contract staff. But I don't think they are very well paid as much. Contract jobs seem to be the new norm, a lot of companies make use of contract staff to increase efficiency and production.

this is due to the fact that companies are not actually ready to employ full time staff and I can also say maybe because there is low patronage and the company might not have enough resources to be able to pay for full time staff. My opinion, anyways.

It's unemployment, reason is that if there's job for the qualified once, the rate at which contract staff employment will reduce drastically, for instance, when someone graduate with a specific grade in school and now found himself wandering around the whole street of the city researching for job a in the name of a particular field.
To me that is the reason why people don't have choice other than to go for contract job as contract staff.

It's unemployment, reason is that if there's job for the qualified once, the rate at which contract staff employment will reduce drastically, for instance, when someone graduate with a specific grade in school and now found himself wandering around the whole street of the city researching for job a in the name of a particular field.
To me that is the reason why people don't have choice other than to go for contract job as contract staff.
@EMMANUEL I reason along that line too. But the government can better manage the situation by creation policies that allow transfer of human capital especially for skilled labour. Instead of wasting resources that might be needed by another country short of labour services and skills.
[automerge]1612960299[/automerge]

Honestly, such graduates do not have a choice than to jump at such opportunity. The sad part there is that they are not appreciated enough, though they work hard and contribute to the growth of the business

contact staff are majorly cheap labours that are not usually oaid well. They cheap form of labors that have not been planned in the long term goals of the company. Whenever a company doesn't want to spend money, they end up hiring contract staff.

Hire the right people. ...
Fire people who don't fit. ...
Keep compensation and benefits current. ...
Encourage generosity and gratitude. ...
Recognize and reward employees. ...
Offer flexibility. ...
Pay attention to engagement
[automerge]1612963369[/automerge]
Hire the right people. ...
Fire people who don't fit. ...
Keep compensation and benefits current. ...
Encourage generosity and gratitude. ...
Recognize and reward employees. ...
Offer flexibility. ...
Pay attention to engagement.

What courses increment in the way through which organisations employ contract staff is when this organisation have project that they are dealing on in which they requires more staff to execute this project so they will require the services of contract staff to be able to execute this product. They wouldn't want to employee full staff since the job is a project that will get finish in a short time so employing a full staff for such kind of a project would be detrimental to the organisation.

The reason behind the increase of contract staff number everyday is not far fetched since most companies need them to provide a timely service and pay less when compared to a full staff who will benefit from special schemes like pension and gratuity.

Advance in technology like you rightly mentioned can cause a high demand in the workplace. Demand for more workers will take place when there is need to increase production and services. If a company is expanding and setting up new branches there is need for contract staffs.

Indeed, when the business is booming and the employed staff cannot meet all the demand, employers make the decision to hire people for a short period of time. Generally, in my country, these hired people do not have additional benefits to a salary that is agreed between the parties.

One of the reason companies go in for contract staff,is the high wage bill that would be incured when the firm employ personells directly.some severance benefits will have to be put aside when contract staff is involved.
And due to the high rate of unemployment jobs schedules are completed on time,due to threats of loosing their jobs.

Indeed, when the business is booming and the employed staff cannot meet all the demand, employers make the decision to hire people for a short period of time. Generally, in my country, these hired people do not have additional benefits to a salary that is agreed between the parties.
@Sariana23 are you of the opinion that employers only seek the service of contract staff when staff members cannot meet all demand. What about Wages earned? I would like to hear from you as regard to your comment above.

@Sariana23 are you of the opinion that employers only seek the service of contract staff when staff members cannot meet all demand. What about Wages earned? I would like to hear from you as regard to your comment above.
I'll explain @maventiger . In my country there are two types of employees, which are permanent and contracted. Employees are not at risk of losing their jobs unless there is some fault on their part. Those hired are for temporary time, no more than six months since in that case they would become permanent employees. In both cases there is no risk of your salary. It can be handled differently in other countries!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds