Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What are the challenges and possible solutions arises from managing a group of people as a Manager?

Advertisement Placeholder
Humans are not easy to manage especially if it is a group of people. While some may be cooperative, some will be pulling the group backward. Some may be quick to adjust while some may not. As a manager, knowing the people under you matters, you have to understand their strengths and weaknesses to help in relating with them.

I have been to a managerial position for a long time and the last for as a general manager of a software house. The primary challenge of a manger is the operation of the area of his jurisdiction, it can be a department or a division and sometimes even just a small unit. It is like handling a team of players in sports. You have to make the people do their job under the policy of the company. It is not easy but cooperation and coordination should be maintained at all time. One of the biggest challenge is to minimize professional jealousy among the peers.

A manager has a very huge responsibility for the development of a company or group.At times your role Is to be tough and at times you have to play soft.You have to be in each department or section and ensure that targets are being met even if its not really your area of expertise.When you handle these situations then it will be an easy job to do.

When it comes to managing individuals or group of people is never an easy task. Managers are tasked by overseeing consistent in the company or business organization. Set standards that employees should adhere to, and not go against the ethics of the company.

Employees may experience periods of time where they are not as productive as usual. A decrease in productivity can sometimes affect other team members and overall goals, making it important to help employees feel motivated.

Managers who consistently review processes and procedures within the company can increase efficiency. Perform a workflow analysis to review your current systems and restructure weak areas. Another way to address this challenge is by asking questions and offering solutions to their problems. One-on-one meetings provide a great opportunity for managers to reestablish work hours and expectations regarding work productivity.

The major challenge faced when managing large amount of people, is conflict of ideas. Remember humans will forever remain humans. Everyone has a sense to express his or her own idea about something. We all have different opinions and perspectives about life and how we perceive things would succeed. Hence, conflict becomes inevitable in such environment. To manage them as a leader give room for everyone to express themselves. Be open to learn from different angles. Note: there is beautiful in diversity.

Firstly, I agreed with you because you made a point.
As a manager you must be competent to handle a any issue that may occur. You must have ability to control any controversy, because we are brought up in the same family, so we can the same view of things and when it come to debating controversy will happen so manager will know how to handle it by make a final say.

Managers are faced with an herculean task of managing different people at the same time, managing one person per day is already a hard job talkless of managing a good number of people.
A good way to reduce how these strain on a manager is to reduce his responsibility and giving it to someone else.

It is not easy to handle a small or large group of people, as they all have different characters and reactions in times of pressure. In my work I have had to carry the load of a large group of employees. The easiest way is to delegate functions to other employees. and hold weekly meetings to find solutions in the company. When the problem is directly with employees on personal matters, a meeting is called with those involved to reach a consensus.

Managers who oversee teams commonly face different challenges related to productivity and communication. Knowing how to recognize these challenges and address them helps increase the manager's confidence and ability to lead the team.

As a manager, you will experience a lot of challenges and difficulties
1. Decrease in the performance of employees
2. Being understaffed is also a challenge to hire new staff
3.skepticism
4. Difficult or bad employees
5. Pressure to perform.
This are some of the most common challenges managers face

Managers are basically expected to work out how to do a new job by reacting to the pressures the role puts on them. What are the challenges that they are confronted with and possibly solutions?
Whenever one have to deal with such a situation in which he has to arrange a group of people working as a manager, he have to face a lot of difficulties because everybody has his own opinions and in this way the group will destroy.

To be able to be successful manage a group of people requires a lot of qualities as a manager whichcsn also be called a leader. Knowing well that you are managing different types of people problems and challenges are inevitable but as a good manager patience is the key.

Figuring out how to quiet down and tune in.

The greatest test I confronted was to make the correct harmony between supporting them and driving them. I have confidence in driving a gathering by supporting them, controlling them, and moving. This relies unequivocally upon the job that the group plays and the sort of individuals that are pulled in to that job. For profoundly operational groups, they need genuinely very much characterized "standard working techniques", however for inventive groups, they need standards and opportunity. So it depends.

In any case, I was best when I hushed up.

You must be able to foresee if decision made will bring profit or loss.
You also have to know how to make your coworkers work to the best of their ability.
Knowing how to make the best of the resources available too.

There is so much hanging on the manager and the cooperation of his subordinates can go a long way to help his job become easier. He must be able to make quick decisions in favour of the business and those under him.

My problem with handling a group of people is that they don't listen to instruction and this has been affecting my relationship with this set of people especially in a religious gathering , i really need advice concerning this because it has also been affecting me please how do I deal with people who don't listen to my instruction please I really need someone to answer me.

Even though they are adults Humans are not easy to manage especially if it is a group of people. While some may be cooperative, some will be pulling the group backward. Some may be quick to adjust while some may not. As a manager, knowing the people under you matters, you have to understand their strengths and weaknesses to help in relating with them

I think the biggest challenge would be how to get them to work together cohesively, and as a unit. Especially if there are uncooperative individuals within them. However it is your job as the manager to oversee these situations should they come up. Make sure they understand that it is in their best interest to complete the task dutifully and diligently.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds