Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ways to get business/ sales in a very narrow market

Susan06

Renowned member
Credits
So my dad runs a small business that sells in a rather niche market. It's import and re-sell basically, but big ticket items so we only need 1-2 sales a month but since I've been here we've had none. He doesn't want to spend on advertising, and doesn't want to employ aggressive sales tactics... how do we get business in then? sales and marketing is definitely not my thing but it's getting desperate and I'll do whatever needs to be done...

Advertisement Placeholder
Since your dad doesn't want to spend on ads then you both have to study his competitor and see what they are doing right and key into it

So my dad runs a small business that sells in a rather niche market. It's import and re-sell basically, but big ticket items so we only need 1-2 sales a month but since I've been here we've had none. He doesn't want to spend on advertising, and doesn't want to employ aggressive sales tactics... how do we get business in then? sales and marketing is definitely not my thing but it's getting desperate and I'll do whatever needs to be done...
No how you have to advertise, even Giant companies still do it.
And maybe create a promo or some very appealing offers that can woo customers

Rent them, make a rental system so you use it as a marketing tool.

What products is your niche ? it will make us bring more creative ideas if we know your exact niche

Advertisement is a determinant in business . No matter the kind of business you into, you should create the necessary awareness required in order to make sales

Effectively without advertising it is not very easy to sell, especially determined items. But bviously that such advertising requires an investment in money, in whatever way it is done.
Moreover now, the serious coronavirus pandemic is having a really negative effect on the sales.
I can only tell: have you tried to make sales through delivery by courier?

What products is your niche ? it will make us bring more creative ideas if we know your exact niche
It has mostly to do with importing some salt lamps statues and souvenir type products from my dad's native country. Something along the lines of the product I've attached

It has mostly to do with importing some salt lamps statues and souvenir type products from my dad's native country. Something along the lines of the product I've attached
Those are arts and they sure need to be advertised both traditionally and online. You being the child can take up the online part and you will get a better feedback.

the best way to be successful is to carry out an exhaustive market study, get to know the competition well and then use creativity by offering something that no one else can offer ... this way you will stand out and your sales will increase

It's business, you spend money to make more money. In this modern days when the competition rate is high how does the intent to succeed it doing that kind of a business without advertising

How successful a business turns out depends mainly on advertisements. How are people supposed to patronize your business if they have never heard of it in the first place? Adopt some methods of advertisement, not all are expensive. Even just promoting it on social media platforms can go a long way.

I interprete your narrow market as a market that is jam packed with a lot of business involved. So, in order to survive, you study the competitors and do what they seem not to be doing in order to make waves and pull as much customers as possible by involving marketing strategies.

This is somehow complex with your dad not willing to start any advertisement or sales strategy, this leaves you with the option of actually leveraging on the social media like Facebook, twitter, instagram and WhatsApp e.t.c to advertise your dad's business.

This is not difficult things as far that he's your Dad, and your Dad doesn't want to pay for advertising, then you can help him make research to know competitors weakness and to know which way to attract customers. You can be posting a product to advertise it on a platform such as Facebook, Instagram, even on WhatsApp group chat or status with discount.

It would be extremely difficult for your dad to make sales without doing any form of advertising, if he doesn't want to use digital advertising then he could at least create handbills and banners, it is a lot cheaper and would also go along way in bringing in customers than not doing any form of advertising at all.

According to my own point of view, the best way to get business sales in a narrow market, it by the way you approach your customer, and you can also get business sales by giving out promo, you see In this part of the world promo attract new customer alot to business men and makes your sales grow fast

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds