Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ways to get business/ sales in a very narrow market

The only way you can do that is by creating awareness, all business needs awareness, this is what sale a business, you need to give your business promotion to make people know more about the business. A business with no awareness has no sales because people will not know whether the business is existing or not.

Advertisement Placeholder
Even the small businesses in our village center are using the internet for their business. Most are in Facebook where they can post free advertisements from day to day. Some others are into Twitter and there are even some who have created their own website. Using social media to promote the business of your father can be a big help especially if you have many followers in Twitter and many friends in Facebook. Ask their support to spread the word.

If you want to make sales in a narrow market. You should start innovation. Develop and implement new ideas for business. It should be a killer strategy that your competitors do not use. You should consider branding or developing a good customer relationship.

If your dad is living in such a situation and still does not want to spend on marketing, you should do it yourself or a family member who wants to collaborate in social networks which is free. You can also place signs in the vicinity of the store and hand out flyers, this can be done manually without spending capital.

The market in our world today is very challenging and competitive, in order to maintain having your product in the market you have to come up with some certain strategy such as, rebranding make sure your brought has a unique outlook, ensure your product is readily available so that people can have trust in you, do not inflate prices regularly, your product must be quality and of a good standard

So my dad runs a small business that sells in a rather niche market. It's import and re-sell basically, but big ticket items so we only need 1-2 sales a month but since I've been here we've had none. He doesn't want to spend on advertising, and doesn't want to employ aggressive sales tactics... how do we get business in then? sales and marketing is definitely not my thing but it's getting desperate and I'll do whatever needs to be done...
If you do not want to pay for advertisement you can go for free advertisement at social media by creating a group. In this way You Can attract customers, another way is to give discount offers at your sales to Grab the tension of your customers.

In order to generate sales, you should be able to connect with your potential customers. You will have to touch their emotional level and intelligence level so that they start believing that the product is valuable and will help them improve their life. This is the basic strategy to improve sales.

You guys will seriously need to advertise the services you render,thats the only way to get people to patronize you and you'll start getting more than the normal number of persons that patronizes you in a month.

You need to find alternative to promote sales via the business you and your dad engage on. You can't sit down and contemplate the ideas you follow to achieve success. Watch what other competitors are doing and examine if its best to follow and yield profit.

If you don't want to spend money on advertising, then your business has to be located where there are no competitors. It would be easier that way, you don't have to advertise since your the only one running that kind of business in that area. Although advertising is important.

So my dad runs a small business that sells in a rather niche market. It's import and re-sell basically, but big ticket items so we only need 1-2 sales a month but since I've been here we've had none. He doesn't want to spend on advertising, and doesn't want to employ aggressive sales tactics... how do we get business in then? sales and marketing is definitely not my thing but it's getting desperate and I'll do whatever needs to be done...
Wow sorry about that BUT you need advert and marketing most especially when you're dealing with high ticket products, you've just got to make your dad realize this unless you're expecting some magic or miracle to occur for sales to happen. Visit YouTube and you'll learn so much in a short while

I do not seem to understand your write up but if you meant other way to make big sales without tactics then i don't think there other method apart from the one u suggested yourself.
*Quote of today*

People will judge your intentions, your behaviour, your ability, but don't come down low to there idea. You the best of yourself

The first is that you must sure that your goods are best quantity and you must have good relationship with customers attend to them very well.what buyer always consider is the saler character how she relate with customers and you should be giving discount on some goods

If you are trying to sell the products that are already saturated in the market, you will never succeed in your business. However, if your product is new, you will easily succeed even if the market is narrow.

Maybe it is even time to evaluate the business in all. Are you operating a business in a place where your customers can find you or are you selling the right products, what about your delivery and customer service. If you get all this you can get the problem.

Unfortunately, your dad still needs to embark on a form of advertising campaign. It could be door to door approach or the referral mode of creating awareness so as to captivate his potential customers.

The kind of products you are marketing would have gone a long way to make us know the tactics to apply, you run a small store,then your focus should be on perishable products that people need daily, it doesn't need advertising, cassava flour,rice etc don't need advert.

Well concerning your question on how to get sales in a very narrow market, well I am of the opinion that there are different ways in which this can be achieved, you can spend on ads, you could look to have a competitive edge, work on that

I would advice that you try to evaluate the business from the beginning again. You should be able to ask yourself about your product, customer service and feed back AND in they you should be able to get the answer.

Try to sell unique products.When your products are new, you can easily penetrate the market. You also need to do aggressive marketing because only marketing can spread awareness about your product.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds