Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

💬 Platform Discussion vBulletin 6.0.0 RC

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.
In regards to the default theme and overall architecture:

1. They seem to suffer from content silos (like every other community provider). There are separate tabs for Articles, Blogs, Groups.

I'm going to be curious to see how IPS handles this in a content hub. I personally don't see why an article can't be located next to an album next to a discussion, as long as they're related to the same content.

2. One thing I did like are the choices per forum category, where users can choose between the forum boards, Latest Activity, My Subscriptions.

Xenforo and Invision have feeds for what's new and my content but for the entire community. I'm curious as to why VB made this architectural choice per forum category vs entire community.

The look of their default theme reminds me somewhat of Tapatalk's look. I think it's the font they're using, but it certainly does look lazy and not much different from the previous version.

Nice to see other forum software still in development and releasing updates.

It doesn't look to much different though. Hopefully it is feature rich.

I think vBulletin was the first forum software I ever used, brings back memories of when I first started using forums.

Does that include lifetime updates and support?

$499 for Invision? Is that with lifetime updates and support? It better be. 😀
I've read somewhere that even if you pay the $499 fee if you let your license expire you don't get lifetime updates and support until you renew it. Though I'm sure on of the Invision staff members can answer this one better than I can so I'll tag them. @CharlesW @Matt M Also vBulletin decreased their price to $179 for self hosting.

I've read somewhere that even if you pay the $499 fee if you let your license expire you don't get lifetime updates and support until you renew it. Though I'm sure on of the Invision staff members can answer this one better than I can so I'll tag them. @CharlesW @Matt M Also vBulletin decreased their price to $179 for self hosting.
That doesn't make any sense about Invision.

$499 fee if you let your license expire you don't get lifetime updates and support until you renew it.
It's true however if you have a license and it's expired for let's say 3 to 4 years and that license was for IPB 3 and now we have IPB 5 and then your license won't cover it. You end up having to buy it all over again ;)

license only covers for ex-amount, if you keep the license activated and never had it expire then you won't have to worry about buying again :)

After the customer experience I just had with vBulletin, I hope I can get rid of my current license. Because forum support was rude and well hateful. Went to ask a question in "pre-Sales" forum because I couldn't find what I was looking for. Without warning my topic title was changed and closed without explanation. I would rather go with IPS or XF before dealing with them ever again. And I agree it looks like 5 connect I tried a demo when it came out and still the same iFrame admin CP they have had in all other versions. It's like they are still living in the stone age, and all their coders are amateurs.

After the customer experience I just had with vBulletin, I hope I can get rid of my current license. Because forum support was rude and well hateful. Went to ask a question in "pre-Sales" forum because I couldn't find what I was looking for. Without warning my topic title was changed and closed without explanation. I would rather go with IPS or XF before dealing with them ever again. And I agree it looks like 5 connect I tried a demo when it came out and still the same iFrame admin CP they have had in all other versions. It's like they are still living in the stone age, and all their coders are amateurs.
You'd expect as a once (one of the) pioneers, being on top and losing pretty much more than half their revenue that they would be more humble and inclined to help.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor