Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

đź’ˇ Updates Top Posters Advertisement

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Hey everyone,

Earlier this week I've spilled some beans about a new add on that was being made for us. So that being said, The top poster every day will have their banner advertisement they've set up themselves in the Preferences being displayed in the sidebar and What's New page. This may change as we go to find better places, but I'll keep you updated.

I had this specially and custom made for our beloved members here, to reward you for your support and activity around the forum. ❤️

Screenshot_74.png

Last edited:
That sounds awesome! Reminds me of Forum Hour back in the day where it would be hourly and the concept was a big success. Hopefully you can replicate that success!

Question... is this going to be posts in the actual "niche" related areas for the site, or just general posting in the entire site?

Right now it’s set at 728x90 but depending its placement it will be resized. So, I advise, upload and test. View your uploaded advertisement, it it looks bad, choose a different size. It’s a try out at the moment. :D

Question... is this going to be posts in the actual "niche" related areas for the site, or just general posting in the entire site?
It’s set at general, but your comment isn’t so bad to consider actually. I’ll ask the dev what it would cost to build something in like that.

It’s set at general, but your comment isn’t so bad to consider actually. I’ll ask the dev what it would cost to build something in like that.
Might not be a bad idea if they are willing. That way, it encourages increasing the topical content and puts less emphasis on a "chit-chat" type board. Similar to how with XF you can set up certain nodes to not have messages count towards user totals.

Might not be a bad idea if they are willing. That way, it encourages increasing the topical content and puts less emphasis on a "chit-chat" type board. Similar to how with XF you can set up certain nodes to not have messages count towards user totals.
Very true. I've asked the dev, if it's not too expensive, I'll have this implemented. :)

Is it going to be available for anyone to use on other sites?
Normally no, but I haven't bought full rights to it. It was an additional 200USD for full rights. But who knows, I still might do that and release it on AJ.

Normally no, but I haven't bought full rights to it. It was an additional 200USD for full rights. But who knows, I still might do that and release it on AJ.
The last time I requested a plugin I end up saving money by saying to the dev to release it to the public marketplace. $185 outright or $10 if sold on the marketplace. ANd so I paid $10

The last time I requested a plugin I end up saving money by saying to the dev to release it to the public marketplace. $185 outright or $10 if sold on the marketplace. ANd so I paid $10
That's a bargain. I paid more, but it's worth it. Our members only deserve the best. ❤️

Thanks everyone - appreciate the feedback. If there’s anything, don’t hesitate to let us know. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest