Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General How long have you been a webmaster?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

cpvr

Recognized member
Bronze Member
Website
www.virtualpetlist.com
Credits
When did you become a webmaster? How old were you? What made you decide to become a webmaster?

I’ve been a webmaster for over 20 years now. I started building websites when I was a teenager. Being a webmaster is a passion of mine and I love it.

What about you? What inspired you to become a webmaster?

If I recall correctly, I’ve been a webmaster since 2002/2003 so that’s also over 20 years. Started off with free forum hosting, and I think I got my first cPanel around 2007.

I first became a webmaster in 2010, I was 20 years old and made a forum on Forumotion. So I've been a webmaster for only 14 years. Not as long as some members here, but still a long time. I didn't dive into self hosting until 2013 shortly after creating Mighty No. 9 Universe. In order to have a fully custom theme, my co-admin needed complete control over the theme files which prophpbb didn't allow members to do.

I started with some "product biz in a box thing". They gave you the website and all you had to do was market it. It was a failure because I wasa newbie to marketing. It was around 1999.

Later, I created a free static website for guitar lessons using basic HTML. That was around 2003.

Finally, I got into real web development and made some static employment sites (turned into blogs shortly after that) and a drum lesson blog. It was in 2008. The employment sites were a decent success until around 2013, I think, when the SEO got tougher.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, I’ve been a webmaster since 2002/2003 so that’s also over 20 years. Started off with free forum hosting, and I think I got my first cPanel around 2007.
I started my first website on freewebs, then I got a domain name. I also owned a couple of myspace fansites back then. Those days were great!

I consider myself more a WebApprentice than a WebMaster.

I think I started my first forum in 2005 when I joined InvisionFree. I've been a forum webmaster off and on since then. I ran a couple of Yu-Gi-Oh forums, mostly resource forums, and one or two general discussion forums.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor