Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The Official Discord Thread

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
As Discord is the primary use of chatting outside of forums these days, we thought it might be cool to have a thread for all the Admin Junkies to add their Discord to! You do not have to share if you don't want to, but I would like to kind of create a list of our Discord names and I'll be adding them to this post below. :)

Discord Names:

@Arantor - arantor
@Cory - coryar
@fords8 - fords8
@Gigi - gigi#8365
@The Hulk - thehulk#4033
@Progrumz - Progrumz
@prophet - prophet#8261
@Reverie - rachaelreverie
@Tyrsson - Tyrsson

Last edited:
I added myself to the list. I added me before you because I figured alphabetizing it is the best way to go. :)

I'm arantor.
Just friend requested you to see if it worked successfully and it did. Why don't you have the numbers at the end of your name like most people do? Is it because you were the first one to register with that username?

Just friend requested you to see if it worked successfully and it did. Why don't you have the numbers at the end of your name like most people do? Is it because you were the first one to register with that username?
They changed that a while ago I think. Or it is changing. Got a notice about user names when I logged in last. Mine is fords8 if you want to add.

Yeah, they're changing it to drop the #1234 part. And I registered in like 2017 so likely I was the first to register arantor.

They changed that a while ago I think. Or it is changing. Got a notice about user names when I logged in last. Mine is fords8 if you want to add.
Yeah, they're changing it to drop the #1234 part. And I registered in like 2017 so likely I was the first to register arantor.
I don't get how they can change it so people use the name without a number sequence, being that there are probably a plethora of users with the exact same name.

I don't get how they can change it so people use the name without a number sequence, being that there are probably a plethora of users with the exact same name.
That's just it, they railroad you into picking a username that's unique. They went largely in registration order - so I registered in 2017, and if someone came in 2018 as Arantor#xxxx I'd have the choice to keep arantor ahead of them.

Chances are the next step is a paid verification service...

I haven't used Discord in a while.

cyn#9297

That's what it says so add me if you wish. :)

It looks like I was the first to claim the name, "coryar", so I updated the OP with my updated username. I'll let @Reverie start updating the post from here on out.

It's been a while since I logged in to Discord until just a few seconds ago. I went ahead and claimed my username as just Ravenfreak without the number at the end. I am curious to know how they're handling accounts with the same name. I guess I could log into my other discord account and see what happens if I try to claim the name Ravenfreak on the other account. xD

Personally... have no desire to "chat" outside the forum. There are conversations that can be performed on the platform and threads that can be participated in. I see no need to cannibalize a site by going to "outside/offsite" discussions. Doesn't that go against the very nature of what we as forum admins want to push?

I don't (and won't) have a Discord account.. I only got a Zoom one kicking and screaming because a local business I helped required it for outside contacts... BTW, I no longer do any work for them now and no longer use that Zoom account.

Of course, I do have one major advantage.. I'm a retired old fart that really doesn't care what others do. :eek:

There is an argument that general/completely off-topic stuff - the 'social lounge' type stuff - can be hived off to Discord where its more 'in the moment' nature fits better, and I believe that was a complaint of yours at one time, that there was too much social chit-chat stuff here.

The other advantage of having a connection out to Discord is that for some of us, we do live more on Discord and can be added over there for 1-on-1 chats that flow much more smoothly than they do in DMs here, as well as the fact that some of us participate in wider groups over on Discord for forum advertising (the RP scene has several Discord servers that exist mostly/solely for cross-promotion, but it's not the only genre that does)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor