Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The issue of the temporary worker

Alexandoy

Captain Junkie
Credits
They are called Temps which means they are not regular employees who are qualified for benefits. The usual tenure of Temps is 5 months because a worker that stays with a company for 6 months is automatically considered a regular employee. Now the problem of the Temps is they are hired as temps to handle regular jobs like the fast food cashier or attendant. Temps are only for emergency positions. Until now that issue is pending although our president is for the abolition of the Temps category.

Advertisement Placeholder
In my country, temporary workers are hired for peak season periods in certain businesses. The most common is in the December seasons where sales increase dramatically and companies are severely understaffed. In some cases also in certain stores at carnival time. When these peak seasons pass, they receive their arrangements and are fired.

The way temporary or adhoc staff are hire in my country is more convenient because all conditions of engagement are stated , some temporary staff could stay up to 1 year while some spend days depending on the nature of the job

In my country I have witnessed alot of temporary worker even in the government house some time they lived after the duration of the tenure at the work place but recently I witnessed some of the temporary workers were granted automatic permanency in the government house.

The way temporary or adhoc staff are hire in my country is more convenient because all conditions of engagement are stated , some temporary staff could stay up to 1 year while some spend days depending on the nature of the job
Excellent that temporary employees last up to one year in your country. In my country, when more than three months go by, they automatically become permanent staff of the company, therefore they will not be fired unless they incur a fault. In general, when they are temporary, they do not spend more than a month.

Excellent that temporary employees last up to one year in your country. In my country, when more than three months go by, they automatically become permanent staff of the company, therefore they will not be fired unless they incur a fault. In general, when they are temporary, they do not spend more than a month.
I don't think policies like this will not make small businesses to survive as fast as possible because most of the small businesses just employ people for a very short time so that they can be able to pay but if after staying three months they become permanent and business is not buoyant enough to pay them it will render the business useless

I don't think policies like this will not make small businesses to survive as fast as possible because most of the small businesses just employ people for a very short time so that they can be able to pay but if after staying three months they become permanent and business is not buoyant enough to pay them it will render the business useless
This being the case, it can be hired with peace of mind because you are telling me about a year, which is good . Because in the case that you explain you are absolutely right. If the company is small and does not have the necessary capital to pay the salary to permanent employees, it is not possible to advance with 3-month contracts.

In my country, they are called contract staff. They are usually hired on temporary basis and can be made permanent later on. In small businesses where you can't hire full time staff, you can hire temporary provided they can do the job well.

In my country, they are called contract staff. They are usually hired on temporary basis and can be made permanent later on. In small businesses where you can't hire full time staff, you can hire temporary provided they can do the job well.
That's how it should be done, it should also be at your discretion to appoint them as parmaanent staff or not considering the size of your monthly or annual profit from your business.

Most businesses employed temporary workers when the work load in the business at the time is much for a period of time ranging from one month to a year depending on what they were needed for. Even government of my country do employ temporary staff during election time.

You have said a lot about temporary workers, I do not know much about this. I believe they do in some countries, I think if you are going to employ someone on a temporary basis you need to at least provide some sort of benefits asides regular pay for the workers.

They are also called temps in my country, most times, they are the ones that usually select the place or choice of work from their institutions and they can use up to a year

This is exactly the way it is in my country, it is temporary but not more than three months. As that time passes, it automatically becomes permanent staff. Usually they are hired in high seasons, and then they decide on their service, but if they are good at their performance, they have the opportunity to stay in the company.

A senator in my country has also moved for the abolition of this kind of system. Here they are called casual workers. Things like this are Aimed at exploiting graduates without employing them.

Temporary workers depend on the level of the work you do, for example if a company have a field work for like 6month to be completed, they need to employ casual workers for the amount of time to complete the job.

That's how it should be done, it should also be at your discretion to appoint them as parmaanent staff or not considering the size of your monthly or annual profit from your business.
That's the factor one should look into when given out employment chances. Either permanent or temporary based on the availability of funds. You don't pay what you can't afford to pay.

In our country, some temporary works for lifetime with no pension plan and provident funds. They are initially employed for 6-12 months, but continue working for 20 plus years.

This is because they are looking for cheap labour and this is one of the factors that leads to disgruntled staff.

Recently, our government has hired hundreds of thousands temporary workers for the purpose of counting people (census).

Recently, our government has hired hundreds of thousands temporary workers for the purpose of counting people (census).
These are adhoc staff that work for a very short time most time between 6 months to 1 year but the good thing is that they are well paid.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds