Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The best Sci-Fi TV Series of all time?

Aussie

Renowned member
Credits
So what's peoples thoughts on the best Sci-Fi TV series of all time?

For me, its The Expanse, id already read most of the books prior to the TV Series coming out, and it was by far my favorite Sci-Fi book series I have ever read, a great and easy read with a tad of detail and a believable story line - couldn't put it down. Then when the TV series came out I was pretty hesitant to watch because the books were so good, but I wasn't disappointed. I would give it a solid 9.5/10.

In my order of what I liked best:
The Expanse
=Star Trek Next Generation
= Star Trek Deep Space Nine
Firefly
Star Trek Original
Star Trek Voyager
Westworld

Honorable mentions to:
The X Files
Stargate SG1
Farscape (Shout out to our Aussie connections...)
Battlestar Galactica
Babylon 5

Had potential then turned to crap:
The Mandalorian
The Orville

Has potential we will see:
Foundation
Andor
Severance
Silo

Worth a dishonorable mention:
Altered Carbon
Star Trek Discovery
Killjoys

To watch:
Andromeda
Star Trek Strange New Worlds
Stargate Atantis

What were your favorite Sci-Fi Tv Shows and why?

I was pretty disappointed how at the end of the series Grogu is back home then at the start of the next series all of a sudden he is back with Mando doing stuff. The episodes for that season were so cliché and very poor writing... go to planet because you need something, fore fill a quest on said planet, then get what you came to get from the planet, (the episode with Jack Black is a true example of this) rinse and repeat. Also the complete disregard for Lore when it came to Mandos. eg removing the helmet for some weak excuse of a storyline and its all ok, I didn't buy it, and many parts I found to be pathetic, weak and woke story lines. S1 and S2 were great.. but S3 went woke just like so many other shows.

Westworld
I remember watching the first season of this and it was a pretty interesting series. I think I tried watching the second season, but I couldn't grow as accustomed to it as I did the first season. It's a really interesting take on a show, for the most part.

Agree the first 2 seasons were the good ones but I managed to hang on until the end !!

Firefly hands down is the best sci-fi show and I'm still upset we never got more than one season and a movie. It really deserved more than that! I know there's comic books too, I just never read them before.

X-Files is and always will be one of my all time favorite TV shows.

Quantum Leap was pretty good. I loved how each episode ended on him making the leap and being put right into a "situation" lol.

I liked The Mandalorian alot aswell.

Those would be my top 3 Sci Fi shows.

Firefly hands down is the best sci-fi show and I'm still upset we never got more than one season and a movie. It really deserved more than that! I know there's comic books too, I just never read them before.
agree.

a massive shame it was cancelled.

The sci-fi shows I like the most are;

1. Star Trek(used to watch the OS with my dad when I was a kid)
2. Sliders
3. V(both versions. Original is a favorite)
4. Star Trek: TNG and Enterprise
5. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The sci-fi shows I like the most are;

1. Star Trek(used to watch the OS with my dad when I was a kid)
2. Sliders
3. V(both versions. Original is a favorite)
4. Star Trek: TNG and Enterprise
5. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
I gave up on V after season one... cant remember why but I think it went off the rails a bit from memory, but was it one of those shows where you never really work out what is going on ? (like Lost?) because I despise those types of shows.

Black Mirror - I’m not normally a huge fan of sci-if but that series just continues to amaze me 😁

Black Mirror - I’m not normally a huge fan of sci-if but that series just continues to amaze me 😁
the major issue with this TV series is its like they are predicting the future with a lot of accuracy... :)

"Stranger Things" is my all time favorite science fiction TV series. I loved all of its seasons.

the major issue with this TV series is its like they are predicting the future with a lot of accuracy... :)
Scary but 100% accurate. I definitely think that it’s an insight into what the future may be like o_O

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor