Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Technology in the workplace

Advertisement Placeholder
Technology can never be an obstacle in work places unless the staffs are not competent enough to handle them. I hate it when staff have loads of works to do and they are busy with their phones

Yes technology could be an obstacle. Imagine a company with free access to wifi, instead of the workers to do what they are ment to do, they would be busy streaming Netflix or downloading one thing or the other.

Yes technology could be an obstacle. Imagine a company with free access to wifi, instead of the workers to do what they are ment to do, they would be busy streaming Netflix or downloading one thing or the other.
Yes , you are quite right on the internet access at work as a means of being an obstacles at work, sometimes I always visited my brother workplace just to download movies and games on the internet like most of the workers.

Personally, I don't think technology can be an obstacle in the workplace, but it is rather unfortunate that some individual use it in the wrong or evil ways which will make it seem as if technology is evil. For instance, we have seen how Facebook and other social media platforms which are supposed to be used for communication are used by some individual to perpetrate evil. That is just my opinion.

Yes , you are quite right on the internet access at work as a means of being an obstacles at work, sometimes I always visited my brother workplace just to download movies and games on the internet like most of the workers.
Hahaha, I remember back then in school, we had access to free wifi, after classes I would hand around, instead of me reading I take my time to download as much films and games the network would allow me before goings home.

Technology is an added advantage in a workplace, depending on context. It's helps enhances work done in a way and also can be a problem in a way.

How can technology be a problem or an obstacle in the workplace when it is generally known to be a thing that helps ease out the stress and burden in doing our work

There are a lot of people who naturally are not good with technology and as such prefer the other ways of doing things and it must be a very big hindrance to them.

To be honest I did that in one of the places I worked, since we were given free wifi(which was meant for work) I was always watching one YouTube video or the order, well to justify my self I was watching some recorded classes for something i needed for my other job.

There are a lot of people who naturally are not good with technology and as such prefer the other ways of doing things and it must be a very big hindrance to them.
I definitely agree with you there are some people who are not technologically savvy and so they would definitely prefer the traditional ways of doing things and I sometimes Marvel as such kinds of people who will see an easier way of doing things and then they will say that they will prefer to do things in a difficult way because they are used to it.

Technology in the work place makes the whole process less tedious and improve time on task. It also helps in fronting the enterprise.

Generally new technology and innovation is ment to make business easier for people ,I don't really think there is any possibilities of technology being an obstacle in a business organisation except the technology is completely against the business rule.

I believe there should be discipline in work place. Whoever caught doing such should pay fine or be punished. That way you'll control what those things are used to do

I don't think so, I think if anything it helps make work easier and faster, I think the only way technology might be an obstacle is when robots replace humans and reduce employment.

Technology makes things be done conveniently, faster and simpler. I don't think it can affect the working environment except that people might be out of jobs due to the advancement in technology

Technology ca. never be an obstacle to work convenient but rather it make works even more easier and convenient for the people to be able to perform their task when its expected of them without much stress and alot of expenditure to carry out the task.

Use of technology at work is necessary for an efficient and effective delivery of input and output. If helps in making work faster. That's the reason most employees should be technologically skilled.

Yes, especially for companies that deal on manufacturing, packaging and branding. Most manufacturing businesses are behind due to new technology, against the outdated ones they are used to. Most of them find it difficult to adapt new technological Know how, due to the high cost, high cost of maintenance and sophisticated ways of operating the equipment. They would rather Stick to the old ones, which can hinder development and growth in the business.

Use of technology at work is necessary for an efficient and effective delivery of input and output. If helps in making work faster. That's the reason most employees should be technologically skilled.
Exactly, we are in a generation of technology, to ensure fast and effective production technology is needed. Like you said, the staffs also need to be well trained to be able to make use of these technologies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds