Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Technology in the workplace

Technology can never be an obstacle in work places unless the staffs are not competent enough to handle them. I hate it when staff have loads of works to do and they are busy with their phones
Technology is a good development because it makes work easier in our Daily lives in the sense that it reduces work stress and Labour force and its also a threat because it reduces the number of staff in an organisation.

Advertisement Placeholder
Technology is a good development because it makes work easier in our Daily lives in the sense that it reduces work stress and Labour force and its also a threat because it reduces the number of staff in an organisation.
The importance of technology in our workplace cannot be over-emphasized. Technology has made tasks easier and many business processes to be completed at a faster rate.

The importance of technology in our workplace cannot be over-emphasized. Technology has made tasks easier and many business processes to be completed at a faster rate.
Yes you are right, but I also get his point. Technology is always highly likely to reduce work force as it can do diverse things. This would lead to increase in unemployment which is actually bad

Yes you are right, but I also get his point. Technology is always highly likely to reduce work force as it can do diverse things. This would lead to increase in unemployment which is actually bad
It might be actually bad in the long run but it is still better than leaving sensitive tasks to humans. Humans are prone to mistakes and moreso, they still work at a slower rate.

Technology can be an obstacle in the workplace if the user is not well-versed with the technical jargon and the computer operation. There was a time that I was tutoring users. It was very challenging when the use the mouse and would ask me if it would be a left click or a right click.

Technology was definitely creators to make our work much more easier but then it can become an obstacle if people do not know how to use it. Proper education might be able to clear situations like this.

Technology has its advantages and disadvantages in business. One of the negative part of it is that Most of the employees and workers get distracted by modern technology in their working time. They start using technology for unusual things instead of working. Technology is the most distractive thing in workplaces of businesses. Most of the employees use technology for entertainment, watching videos, movies, playing games, and many more unusual things by technology.

They cannot focus on work due to the usage of modern technology for unusual things.

It might be actually bad in the long run but it is still better than leaving sensitive tasks to humans. Humans are prone to mistakes and moreso, they still work at a slower rate.
I have no problem with technology. They work better than humans and they save cost as most of them can multi task thereby reducing staffs and the cost of paying staffs. An employer loves technology, what will you say about the man that just got unemployed because he's replaced by a computer?

Yeah I think it could be; there's nothing without glitches and there could be a major breakdown or hack which could affect a whole lot of processes.
Though I feel the biggest obstacle is distraction, a lot of people don't know how to be focused these days.

I don't think so. If anything I'm of the opinion that technology makes the workload faster in some workplace. However understandably a lot of people have said that robots are now taking the human job.

This can be seen in two ways. Technology can be an obstacle in the workplace because it might make workers lazy. It can also be seen as not an obstacle because it makes work faster and easier.

Technology can never be an obstacle in work places unless the staffs are not competent enough to handle them. I hate it when staff have loads of works to do and they are busy with their phones
The only obstacle that someone can actually argue that technology would bring in a workplace is to the human labour that is used in the comp number for the inclusion of technology because it is going to take a lot of people out of their job.

Yes , you are quite right on the internet access at work as a means of being an obstacles at work, sometimes I always visited my brother workplace just to download movies and games on the internet like most of the workers.
No matter what anyone says I believe that technology is a very good thing in business is today because it makes your business to work effectively and efficiently unlike when everything is done manually.

We know that technology is ubiquitous and is indispensable in most cases. Many government offices exerted extra effort and time to teach their older employees how to use the computer and some programs to make their work more efficient. In private companies, we expect new employees to have a good grasp of technology. While it is highly useful, technology can be an obstacle in the office if its use is not monitored and if no firewalls are set up to prevent unauthorized or inappropriate use. Some companies implement systems that limit social media access to employees who need them. This can be tricky because social media is a useful tool in many business functions.​

Well technology can be anything one Intends to do with it but technology is more of an asset in it's applications rather than being an obstacle that would depend on the individual using it

Well, technology, can mot br an obstacle at any work place even if it's, it has been used negatively and in an inappropriate manner. This is because the invention of technology has makes things becomes even more easier than before.

Technology is never an obstacle at workplace because its helps to reduce stress in workplace, technology help to be faster in the work so technology is really good.

There are a lot of technological companies right now that are usually forcing their employees to adapt very fast to the latest technologies which I think is not good. Technology can be bad for a workplace if the employees do not have sufficient training and will not have the knowledge in order to handle them for the growth of the company.

There are a lot of technological companies right now that are usually forcing their employees to adapt very fast to the latest technologies which I think is not good. Technology can be bad for a workplace if the employees do not have sufficient training and will not have the knowledge in order to handle them for the growth of the company.
Technology in the workplace are almost very easy to adapt with because it has manuals but the issue here is that because of the technology introduction , many workers have lost their job,

I don't think so. If anything I'm of the opinion that technology makes the workload faster in some workplace. However understandably a lot of people have said that robots are now taking the human job.
That in itself was meant to solve and simplify how task is been done,so technology has been of great advantage to how operations is been run in an organisation,reason one need to be relevant to avoid robots taking our jobs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds