Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Steven Segal

Jason

Royal member
Bronze Member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
Who likes his movies? He seems to be a guy with no sense of humor or maybe that's just the "tough guy" thing. :sneaky: Anyway, some people have turned against him cause of his support of Putin, but aside from any political biases, how do you like his movies? Myself, I like the fact he made a movie in southern Appalachia (Fire Down Below), where I'm from.

His movies are dumb, all variations of the same plot, and all stories are that he's an ass to everyone on set.

NB I did like Under Siege, and sorta liked Under Siege 2, but the rest... blech.

His movies were heavily hit or miss, but action movies in the 80s & 90s generally did well at the box regardless of the overall plot.

Under Siege was really the only great movie across the board, and that's definitely due to the overall talent as much as the action.

Perfectly possible to have an action hero that isn't just straight up roided (see most iterations of James Bond), but you need charisma to pull that off.

Segal manages to carry Under Siege because the script is intelligent and plays to Segal's strengths in it, and he's muscular enough.

Thing about Segal: he might not look muscular but he'll still put you down on the floor if he wanted to.

His movies are dumb, all variations of the same plot, and all stories are that he's an ass to everyone on set.

NB I did like Under Siege, and sorta liked Under Siege 2, but the rest... blech.
Agreed only liked the Under Siege ones.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor