Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Stay away from these Vices when applying for work

Laziness is never an ideal character to exhibit in any place. However, I'd like to know how an employer would be able to spot out potential red flags in an applicant during an interview process.
Although the most important thing I look for as an employer is the punctuality because that is very important .someone who is coming to an interview late really shows that they will not like to keep the time and most rules and regulation of the business.. why are you asking ?

Advertisement Placeholder
You need to be tolerant and avoid speaking your mind, instead of giving negative comment, you need to give diplomatic answer. You need to get along with your boss and co workers.

Although the most important thing I look for as an employer is the punctuality because that is very important .someone who is coming to an interview late really shows that they will not like to keep the time and most rules and regulation of the business.. why are you asking ?
I just want to know because different employers/interviewers have different qualities they look out for in prospective employees. Some prefer them to be outspoken, smart, bold and innovative.

Thank you for this information. Sometimes our attitude will determine whether we can get a job or not. So, before applying for a job, we should check out the requirements for the post we are applying for, and we should make sure our CV's are well written.

Stay away from these Vices when applying for work. This question remainde me to control some blonder when doing interviews. Interviewer monitor how job seekers express their points.

I just want to know because different employers/interviewers have different qualities they look out for in prospective employees. Some prefer them to be outspoken, smart, bold and innovative.
Wow everybody has their own character that they need in the employees they are employing into the business.. but no matter what the most important quality that will be needed is good mode of dressing, confidence.. natural Sense of humor.. intelligent is also needed and your ability to read and write

I do not believe that a person should give up sooner if he or she does not get a job. A person should keep trying until or unless he or she gets a good job.

The above tips are useful one should also Know his/ her onions well before applying for a job ..also tardiness at and to work should be avoided
Yes thats right I am very sure that this article will enhance one in the day to day activities of his business, one will know what is expected of him to do and not.
[automerge]1639945008[/automerge]
The above tips is a very informative and educative one, some people who complain of not getting job would have to check and read this tips so as to know where they are actually not getting it right
Yes the tips are very import and informative,most especially to certain categories of people who tends to be complaining about getting job, I am sure this will help.

Last edited:
It is very true that you should avoid any form of laziness whenever you are looking for a job. It is possible that there are so many other people that are wanting to get into it as well.

It is very true that you should avoid any form of laziness whenever you are looking for a job. It is possible that there are so many other people that are wanting to get into it as well.
You should also try to show a sincere interest in any job you're applying for, not just because of the money. Most employers do not hire people who lack interest in the roles advertised no matter their qualifications.

It may be a surprise to you but most of the big companies here are averse with tattoo. A job applicant may not be hired if he has a visible tattoo on himself. That is an unwritten rule that no one would admit but it is clearly happening. That is why my advice to the students is to avoid having a tattoo.

Definitely! When applying for work, you shouldn't think low of yourself and you should always look forward to gaining the job..some job seekers ain't optimistic enough. They actually do feel they don't really have the full requirement

I think this is really an eye opening, to really be sincere its not an easy thing getting a job, but we shouldn't just give up too soon, it may eventually take time but sincerely it may end up worth the wait, but the more you keep searching don't also forget to acquire skills it will go a long way in helping you.

It is also good to keep up the good fighting spirit when you are looking for a new job. The unfortunate thing is that people give up after sending few application for job and receive rejections.

When searching for job it will be more save to stay away from vices like
1.having a negative mentality.
2.being lazy.
3. giving up .
4.feeling big or pompous.

The above tips are useful one should also Know his/ her onions well before applying for a job ..also tardiness at and to work should be avoided
I actually sent those tips to a friend of mine who is still applying for job and he made use of them before going for his last interview and he was actually very successful and he has secured the job for himself.

Last edited:
Finding a new work or an employment isn't only simply based on abilities and capability, yet in addition it is also due to mentality or demeanor that is imbued or turns into a propensity.
Here is a Review...

1. Given Up Too Soon

You definitely realize that getting employed is kinda hard and not easy, so don't surrender/quit quick. You should have the enthusiasm, assurance, and ingenuity to continue battling until the "demise drop." If one organization is rejects you, attempt again at another organization until you find a new line of work. As there is a sentence saying, "there are as yet many fish in the sea." This sentence applies not exclusively to instances of adoration, work can as well.

Have confidence that no exertion is squandered. You will receive the benefits of your long battle to go after positions.

2. Been Lazy and Lethargic

Try not to carry your apathy into the Business World. Discard that sluggishness so you become a fruitful individual.
Apathetic to send employment forms, sluggish to meet work calls, or lethargic. You simply squander openings or openings that come. Being sluggish will just bring you pain and languishing. For this situation, it will make you for all time jobless and a pointless individuals

3. Having An Awful Mentality

Your disposition can represent the deciding moment in your pursuit of employment . Having a decent demeanor, then again, can help your cause however a terrible attitude will hurt your chances

"Disposition is indispensably significant in a pursuit of employment, since it's the one thing out of the whole cycle you can control," says Dave. "You can't control if and when somebody will get back to you, or if the individual loved you or what the economy will resemble, yet you can control your disposition and how you behave all through the cycle."
Having an awful mentality is going to always discourage you even before you get to the interview centre where the interviews going to be carried out, I actually see it as a poor attitude problem which will always keep hindering your progress.

Actually when seeking for jobs, you needs to be so optimistic and so confident of yourself, this is highly needed. Don't give up so easily that you are not qualified yet and that some are having a high advantage over you.

To be very honest with you I believe that the information that is contained there will always be of a very good help for job seekers because they are the ones that really need the information as it's going to help them to secure a job very easily.

Unpreparedness is one of the reason why some people fail at their job interview. a person who is applying for a job she also prepare for interview. I have seen a situation whereby the dress code is the only thing that prevents someone from getting a lucrative job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds