Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

🔒 Security SSL Renewal

For threads on securing websites and protecting against vulnerabilities.
Credits
When you purchase ssl certificates for your domains, do you purchase multiple years at once or do you prefer to purchase a new certificate every year? I recently went ahead and renewed my SSL certificate for Gexforums for the next five years since it's cheaper in the long run. Now I don't need to worry about having to purchase a new certificate for a while. :D

Advertisement Placeholder
Why purchase SSL's now? 😉
If you use CloudFlare, you can actually use a self-signed SSL on your server and then use the CF SSL for the users connecting. And the CF certificate is valid and is free for your site.

Screen Shot 2024-08-02 at 9.19.48 PM.png

I wouldn't purchase SSL either, they're a waste of money and they cost a lot. Especially when Cloudflare offers them for free.
There are uses for them. Some devices (like a SonicWall unit) can use them for secured access to their web interface remote users. Many businesses prefer to use a "certified" provider for their SSL certs for security assurance requirements that may be in place.
But yes, for most websites, purchasing an SSL is like using a Sony Walkman to listen to music now.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 12)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds