Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Some major challenges of cat fish farming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrrex

Mythical member
Credits
Although cat fish farming is very lucrative business but it has its own challenges, which includes:
*Feeding
*Good source of running water
*Adequate space ( A major challenge)
*Maximum security

Are you currently into cat fish farming?
Share your major challenges and setbacks

Advertisement Placeholder
I miss currently into this and I can tell you this business is limited to a location where water supply is maximum. Moreover if you don’t practice on a large scale it’s not easy to market them

The business is profitable, but before starting such kind of a business its good to do a market analysis. The market must be ready for it otherwise you'll run a loss

As you have said the Business is profitable and you've even listed the major challenges most investors encounter whenever they venture into it. It shows you are not a novice here

Yeah, the business is profitable but the only challenge occurs when you don't take proper measures. You change the water every 2days, make sure you serve their foods as at when due. Then, u are good to go.

The source of your catfish seed (fingerlings, post or juveniles) is very important. It is always advisable to buy seeds from Hatcheries with good farm ethics.

I don't think this time there would be any buyer in these COVID days, this will work only where people do not have any other option.

You have said it all sir as the fish rarely ever fall sick. My major challenge here is access to continuous supply of water

Although cat fish farming is very lucrative business but it has its own challenges, which includes:
*Feeding
*Maximum security

Cat fish fingerings are very fragile , they die easily , and they also needs attention less they die . Their coat of rearing is also high

*Feeding
*Maximum security

Cat fish business is a profitable venture but also can result to huge loss if not properly handled. It requires money and good water source as you mentioned. At present the cost of feeding catfish is becoming high especially in my country due hike in prices of produce

Yeah, the business is profitable but the only challenge occurs when you don't take proper measures. You change the water every 2days, make sure you serve their foods as at when due. Then, u are good to go.
Yea. Another beautiful thing about catfish farming is that it doesn't require your presence every now and then

*Feeding
*Maximum security

Have in one point been into this business before and those are the major challenges you have mention especially source of running water because they live and depend on water

Rearing catfish is a profitable but challenging business just as you have said, though they are still other challenges you didn't mention, they say a hungry fish is a healthy fish but most people don't really understand that and they tend to overfeed their fishes terminating their lives before it even gets started.
And also the fishes could also fall sick and one might not be able to provide adequate treatment for them so this I few more challenges that people face in rearing of fishes but with experience and continuous training everything will be alright

The major challenges of cat fish farming includes but not limited to pollution of the air, difficulty in getting water for the ponds, transportation and even fish feeds. You also need to employ someone with experience on how to rear cat fish in professional way.

poor water supply is one of the problems am facing currently because I ventured into this business out of idleness.
Sorting is another problem an facing in this field some of the fishes have stale growth

Cat fish business is very profitable, but they also face challenges like inadequate water supply,the survival of the fishes is at stake when there are no sufficient water for them

*Feeding
*Maximum security

You are right that all these factors are very important for the growth of fish.The weather in particular plays an important role in their growth. The business also has to look at how many sales there are.

I don't think there is any business that you won't encounter challenges. However the challenges you listed above seems less of a challenge of a really. The business is profitable and easy to start. Another thing is the odour ,my advise would be not to start something like that in a residential area ,and if you must make sure your compound is large enough and well fenced.

Catfish are probably the most resistant fishes I know, some even call them river pigs due to their fat content. I am sure this is a profitable business as you don't need more sophisticated requirements for them, as they eat a lot of random things and can survive in murky water.
But you will need a way to transport fish, if you have a connection with big markets and a truck your set for a good profit.

You have listed the challenges. But what about the selling, is it easy to get buyers for it? Or that is not a another challenge. Because I usually think about to sell the fishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds