Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Some major challenges of cat fish farming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you go into cat fish farming you have to find a mentor. Someone that has been doing the business for years and knows every step to take. Your mentor should guide you to succeed. Cat fish farming is not something is not something you can do all by yourself.

Advertisement Placeholder
Major challenges of cat fish farming are, fish water causes air pollution to the immediate Environment. Which might leads to citing the farm in a far place to the residential area. During harvesting one might not get customers in time, to purchase that available fish. Also I adequate Electricity to pump water to the reservoir.

Fish farmino is one business that people underestimate this days
I don't think there is any business that you won't encounter challenges. However the challenges you listed above seems less of a challenge of a really. The business is profitable and easy to start. Another thing is the odour ,my advise would be not to start something like that in a residential area ,and if you must make sure your compound is large enough and well fenced.

The business is profitable, but before starting the business you must do business research, so to plan on how to run the business very well. Cat fish business is a lucrative business, but you will face some challenges.

The major challenge I think Is in catfish is changing of there water because majority of us doesn't want to leave there catfish at farm again but let it be in there own personal compound and no matter how you going to change the water everybody around you in your street going to feel it and sooner or later they going to start complaining of it and also when trying to arching of there eggs because it's very difficult for most people to do and also separating of the fishes because the big one can hurt or eat the small one that are there with them

There are different challenges facing cat fish farming, but the major one is water source.
TThe type of bond you have depends on the availability of water. Cat fish needs a lot of clear Clean water and that's why the fish famer needs to build a borehole

Cat fish is a very lucrative business but very tricky. Water supply is very important and feed is something you can't do without as feeding consumes much money, lastly is good management.

I was into cat fish rearing business with my friend in the not too distant past, the greatest challenge we faced with this fishes was a disease that ravaged them.
We just woke up and saw a fish died, we did some changing of the fish water, then we put them back again, the next day about four died, this was so painful. So what we did was to quickly sell off the rest and close the business.

The business is very profitable. I have friends that are into it. However, some of the challenges it poses is cost of its food. I learnt the food cost almost half of the intending profit. And also, I learnt that proper hygiene must be observed.

The main challenge that should be included is the location and capital to start the business , because there are times you dont get more customer if you dont find a better location

Yes, there are mostly affected by diseases that can wipe out the whole fishes in the pound. The business has huge profit involved, that is if you Know how to manage them in large scale. Most reared species are catfish which are both carnivorous and herbivorous. They get to feed upon each other and kill the weak ones out. Next is their feed, I hear it is expensive to buy them. In that case to run a catfish pound you should have enough capital to cover those items involved.

I do see people sating it easy to raise cat fish, that they are just like other business. but that is lie, cat fish can be very demanding
Cat fish business is a profitable venture but also can result to huge loss if not properly handled. It requires money and good water source as you mentioned. At present the cost of feeding catfish is becoming high especially in my country due hike in prices of produce

Catfish farming is a very complicated business, in which if not closely or well managed might lead to great loss. It's very stressful, especially at the fingerling stage. Good water supply is truly one of the major problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds