Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Skills or Morals

Layefa94

Reputable member
Credits
As a business owner, I have two interns on probation, they are both qualified for the post, but I have the capacity to absorb just one of them,
What will be your suggestion, should I go for one that is skilled but I'll manners or the one that's unskilled but well mannered????

Advertisement Placeholder
You have to choose one that has both, you can't settle for less. A skilled intern with no manner will certainly spoil business for you. And an unskilled person with manners may attract customers at first but his/her incompetence will eventually turn them off.

As a business owner, I have two interns on probation, they are both qualified for the post, but I have the capacity to absorb just one of them,
What will be your suggestion, should I go for one that is skilled but I'll manners or the one that's unskilled but well mannered????
Go for the one that is skilled but seem to lack some manners, you can train him and see if he improves and becomes a better person. That would be a very impactful thing you are ever going to do in his life.

Go for the one that is skilled but seem to lack some manners, you can train him and see if he improves and becomes a better person. That would be a very impactful thing you are ever going to do in his life.
I totally agree with you, in due time he might change.

i would say morals, because if they are well built and well made, they can lead to skills for sure, but you can't perform well when being skilled with bad morals, only one of them leads to the other

Skills and morals are both very important things. Whatever the business, if you are an expert in it, you can grow in it and earn your profit. If you want to grow in it, you must first search it thoroughly. If you want to get more profit in it you then you have to work hard for your business progress and you will get benefits.

Soft skills especially ethics, moral and professional skill play an important role in sharpening individual's excellent personality by complementing his/her hard skills to the teacher communities. The complicated nature of teaching, in both practice and preparation, encourages teacher educators to explore the complexity of the novice teachers’ experiences and identify the concerns they face in their induction year. This study aims to examine the ethics, moral and professional skill of novice teachers in secondary schools of Malaysia from the views of their administrators.

You have to choose one that has both, you can't settle for less. A skilled intern with no manner will certainly spoil business for you. And an unskilled person with manners may attract customers at first but his/her incompetence will eventually turn them off.
skill and moral are most important part of life.Some person have many skills and no value of moral they spoil their characters and failed their all activities of life.Some people have no experience and no skill in business but they attractt a number of customers due to his good dealing and moral values of life

I think what is moral is what is fair, and that morality is the human ability to discern what is fair, and then act accordingly.Any of my skill sets could be used unfairly, yet could is not necessarily would.

I understand it's a difficult situation to decide. Qualification can take a person up but only attitude and manner would keep him up. In the case of the both interns ai think you should pick the one with manners because he can learn the skill while in the job and also to teach the other person that skills or knowledge about something is not all that matters in these present days and hopefully, he would learn something from the incident.

difference between morals and skills if you have skills and you don't have morals, you can't go far and if you have morals you don't have skills you can't go far , for instance skills create opportunities for you but your morals will make you to maintain your skills, so that's just how it is hahaha.

Skills especially ethics, moral and professional skill play an important role in sharpening individual's excellent personality by complementing his/her hard skills to the teacher communities. The complicated nature of teaching, in both practice and preparation,

Well in this case, I will go for the unskilled but a well manner intern. The reason is that unskilled labour can be trained to become skillful at the job where you place him or her. So this nullifies the skilled labour who it does not have Manner. The intern who doesn't have manner might chase away the valuable client from you and that's why I will go for the second one that has manner.

I think you need morality if you want to run a profitable business because decision and choice is very important for any business and if you have morale then you go for good decision and skill need for good in some thing which you learn.

Depends on what you want for your business, if you run the business and the owner of the business you can tell the ill mannered one to behave and be of good character, you go even lay down rules and penalties for unwholesome attitudes.

I think morals why because,a person with good morals can learn skills if he or she is been taught,but a skillful person without moral is like a beautiful lady without brain..
People will just look at you and pass..
A skillful person without morals wouldnt want to listen to other people's opinions simply because he is good at work he does..But when you have morals,you will be ready to learn no matter your level in the society..

Moral development focuses on the emergence, change, and understanding of morality from infancy through adulthood.[1] Morality develops across a lifetime and is influenced by an individual's experiences and their behavior when faced with moral issues through different periods' physical and cognitive development. In short, morality concerns an individual's growing sense of what is right and wrong; it is for this reason that young children have different moral judgement and character than that of a grown adult. Morality in itself is often a synonym for "rightness" or "goodness".

One could say that a moral skill is simply the amalgamation of certain skills for the purpose of acting according to certain principles or rules, such as obligation, duty, right and wrong, and so forth.

Tough decision, I'll go for the one with skills because that's what matters to the business and not morals, also you can lay down the rules of the organization to the intern with skills and make him or her understand has to abide by them.

Everyone needs a slash of both, but if we have to pick one of the two, I'll pick morals over skills. The morals for me would come with the willingness to learn and unlearn things. Skills on the other hand won't bring a lot of the right attitude for work to go on smoothly.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds