Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should there be a non-disclosure agreement when you get investors into your business?

A genuine investor that believes in the actualisation of your idea wouldn't have problem with signing a nondisclosure agreenent. That is the part every new innovator should trade so as to secure his idea, because when it comes to business people are selfish.
The fact that an investor is investing into a business that he loves the idea behind the business should mean that that investors should never disclose the secret of that business in any circumstances so it is very important that the investor sign up for a non-disclosure agreement.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't and I won't even think of disclosing my exclusive idea with investors. This is because most of the investors are not to be trusted. They may even actualize this idea

This is actually quite interesting because I know that some places actually do offer these services however I have never known it to be prominent when it comes to a patent lawsuit however I think it will be very helpful and very inspiring for innovative people.
It does help and inspire the citizens and the hopeless people, the friend that told me of these served in one of the many arms of the city and told me a lot of stories.

It does help and inspire the citizens and the hopeless people, the friend that told me of these served in one of the many arms of the city and told me a lot of stories.
I think that what will be very important when you have this sort of service is to also try and promote innovation within the country by possibly offering rewards that could spark people getting into entrepreneur business. I think that knowing that they are protected from a legal standpoint and also having that encouragement will allow the economy to grow quite substantially.

If it is possible to get investors to sign a nondisclosure agreement then that is something you should do so as to avoid them coming to steal your ideas and taking it to you your competition.

If it is possible to get investors to sign a nondisclosure agreement then that is something you should do so as to avoid them coming to steal your ideas and taking it to you your competition.
Generally it can be very hard to try and approach the subject when it comes to an investor because they also feel that they will be able to profit if they expand it to different sectors. So I think that this is one of the major hurdles when it comes to Approaching this with any person that is invested in the company.

I think that what will be very important when you have this sort of service is to also try and promote innovation within the country by possibly offering rewards that could spark people getting into entrepreneur business. I think that knowing that they are protected from a legal standpoint and also having that encouragement will allow the economy to grow quite substantially.
You are correct, but I think the first step should be that there should be public awareness about this kind of service because majority of the masses do not know that they can be helped legally for no fine

You are correct, but I think the first step should be that there should be public awareness about this kind of service because majority of the masses do not know that they can be helped legally for no fine
I agree with you. I was unaware of this as well. However i think that if people knew about this they may also overlook things when it comes to a legal standpoint in a business, knowing that there is help waiting for them, so i think that could be why it is not publicized as much.

I agree with you. I was unaware of this as well. However i think that if people knew about this they may also overlook things when it comes to a legal standpoint in a business, knowing that there is help waiting for them, so i think that could be why it is not publicized as much.
I don't think that something like this can be overlooked in any case because this is something that is a legal tender and can back fire if taken for granted.

I view absolutely nothing at all incorrect in you disclosing a nondisclosurr contract. Certainly not just on taking the concept alone, their are actually great deals of points they ought to settle on prior to buying business, their should conversation of returns and so forth like that.

The issue of non disclosure agreement idea is a good will made by the owner of the business idea to safeguard and to protect the privacy of the business Incase it is stolen.
I want to believe that a nondisclosure agreement shouldn't be difficult for a good will investor to sign because the progress and well being of the business would be his heart desires. This agreement is to safe guard the idea against those whose intention might be to hurt you and your business.

Well sometimes all this seriousness in business can be absolutely necessary because if you're too simple with people a lot of people will always like to take advantage of you.
That's the common thing there bro. Lots of people will simply like taking advantage but we should find better strategy to do the best on our own.

I don't think that something like this can be overlooked in any case because this is something that is a legal tender and can back fire if taken for granted.
It will definitely backfire if it is taken for granted however I think that a lot of people might overlook it because of the fact that they know that they have legal representation and protection without any extra cost. However personally I believe that you should constantly do research and never take anything for granted because those are the things that generally affect you the most.

To avoid that an investor may act in bad faith and steal your innovative idea, you can register your idea and get a patent to back you up and at the same time, I agree with your thinking, by signing a trust document it should not be a hassle for investors, unless they go with the intention to steal your idea.
They should always be disclosure agreement when you get investors into your business all has to be well explain so that they will not be a trouble at the end of the transaction

They should always be disclosure agreement when you get investors into your business all has to be well explain so that they will not be a trouble at the end of the transaction
It is very important that you cover all of the bases that are necessary from a legal standpoint before you get into a business opportunity because if it is successful people can become very greedy and as a result it will pose a legal issue later on.

I, and forgive me, tell you right away that, personally, I don't have much experience in this sector, but nevertheless I would think the opposite.
In my opinion, I believe that the investor would like more confidentiality, preferring a non-disclosure.
Maybe do you think I'm wrong?

I, and forgive me, tell you right away that, personally, I don't have much experience in this sector, but nevertheless I would think the opposite.
In my opinion, I believe that the investor would like more confidentiality, preferring a non-disclosure.
Maybe do you think I'm wrong?
Sometimes an investor will not want to complete a nondisclosure because it prevents them from expanding the business outside of the owner. As a result it will severely limit how they grow in the future if the owner is not completely on board with what they are doing and as a result they try to steal the ideas in some cases.

Sometimes an investor will not want to complete a nondisclosure because it prevents them from expanding the business outside of the owner. As a result it will severely limit how they grow in the future if the owner is not completely on board with what they are doing and as a result they try to steal the ideas in some cases.
i see, therefore I can deduce that it depends on the owner's opinion. Sometimes, he could then prevent confidentiality, in order to be able to expand.
Am I right?

i see, therefore I can deduce that it depends on the owner's opinion. Sometimes, he could then prevent confidentiality, in order to be able to expand.
Am I right?
When it comes to a non-disclosure agreement it is not something that is broadcast to people and as a result even if you do sign such an agreement it is not breaking confidentiality of any sort. Generally in these cases the agreement is between the Investor and the company owner and as a result no one else is aware of it until it becomes legally necessary.

You should always try to get your investors to sign a nondisclosure agreement especially if the idea that you have is something unique and can be market breaking.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds