Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should there be a non-disclosure agreement when you get investors into your business?

It is a very normal process in the business for there to be a nondisclosure agreement of some sort for that kind of thing. Anyone having a problem with that can not be a partner
Oh well, maybe I am not fit to go into business with someone not only due to my bad experience but also when there is a non-disclosure clause in the partnership or investment contract. The better for me to just invest in stocks or maybe forex that I have full control of my money.

Advertisement Placeholder
But these people are actually the people that contributed to the start of your business but because they consider the arrangement to be unfavorable to them they start causing problem, what will I give them ?
If they are integral to the business and how you have started the business then I think the best thing to do is to compensate them for the time that they have spent there and suggest that it is better that for the sake of business you go separate ways.

To be frank with myself dear, I can't have a trouble maker in.my business, I'll simply delist him or her immediately from working when series of warning have been given and he neglected them.
Lolz, you're always so mean with stubborn people around you in business, well maybe that's just the best thing for us to do to save our business from failure these people can cause

Lolz, you're always so mean with stubborn people around you in business, well maybe that's just the best thing for us to do to save our business from failure these people can cause
Yes, we ought to move on no matter what this stubborn customers or persons might have caused us. We know all this things are part of life.

But in some cases there are people like angel investors or people who render assistance to a business and you robsbly won't sign any agreement, so what would happen if such person steals your idea

But in some cases there are people like angel investors or people who render assistance to a business and you robsbly won't sign any agreement, so what would happen if such person steals your idea
If you do not sign an agreement and a person has to steal your idea then there is nothing that you can do for me people standpoint and if they actually decide to patent it first before you there's also no legal standing for you to try and claim that.

At a certain point we all have an innovative idea that we want to actually see materialize, and so sometimes we actually create a business that can realise this idea that we have. However, one of the hardest things when you are starting the business is having the necessary money that is needed to run the daily operations in the beginning.

If you have an innovative idea and if it is a novel idea that has not been implemented before do you think that it is necessary to get the investors to sign a nondisclosure agreement so that they don't steal the idea and possibly sell that to another company that they invested in? At this point because you are a new business there is no paper trail that says that this idea belongs to you and you alone. So do you think that a non-disclosure agreement is necessary or do you feel that perhaps it will create unease when it comes to getting money from the Investor?
Absolutely. Very important. Get a patent on it too if it’s more like a product or invention that only you came up with and nobody has ever seen anything like it before.. online, or in stores.

To avoid that an investor may act in bad faith and steal your innovative idea, you can register your idea and get a patent to back you up and at the same time, I agree with your thinking, by signing a trust document it should not be a hassle for investors, unless they go with the intention to steal your idea.
You should always be disclosure agreement between an investor and the business owner wish you will be able to know what and what is the agreement and deal before going into any business transaction.

So you mean you just let go of your brilliant idea like that for someone because of the money or connections he or she has, i would at least try to sue if I can to get the person to explain why
If you do not sign an agreement and a person has to steal your idea then there is nothing that you can do for me people standpoint and if they actually decide to patent it first before you there's also no legal standing for you to try and claim that.

Yes I think it is necessary because you have the idea, they have the money. There has to be a legal binding document between you and the investor concerning disclosure, if not your idea may be stolen and given to someone else who is willing to agree to the terms of the investor in terms of profit sharing and royalties.
Yeah that's the problem and once stolen you have lost it forever and most at time those people are people you can not fight because they have advantage more than you do.

Of course is necessary there must have a disclosure agreement when you get investors into your business, that is for sure that a person must have that.

Yes, we ought to move on no matter what this stubborn customers or persons might have caused us. We know all this things are part of life.
Is like you will not even had a chance to give people a second chance in your business, when they are not able to meet up to your expectation, to you is either they resign or concentrate.

Sometimes in business when it comes to pursuing an idea without adequate funding,you might be forced to go into an agreement you ordinarily would not want to.The best thing to do is to get the idea patent in your name as the original owner of the idea.And for any other reason he agrees to sign,then its better.

Is like you will not even had a chance to give people a second chance in your business, when they are not able to meet up to your expectation, to you is either they resign or concentrate.
To prove that I'm not heartless I'll give a second chance, but not when the damages or wrong doing is too obvious and dealt with my business progress.

So you mean you just let go of your brilliant idea like that for someone because of the money or connections he or she has, i would at least try to sue if I can to get the person to explain why
Trying to sue will cost you a lot in legal fees and unless you have a way to prove that you were the one that started or created that idea, it is unlikely that you will be able to win the case as well.

Trying to sue will cost you a lot in legal fees and unless you have a way to prove that you were the one that started or created that idea, it is unlikely that you will be able to win the case as well.
If it is about fees I guess I am lucky to have a lawyer acquittance who told me that one can actually seek help of lawyers from the office of the public defender office for free!

To prove that I'm not heartless I'll give a second chance, but not when the damages or wrong doing is too obvious and dealt with my business progress.
Well sometimes all this seriousness in business can be absolutely necessary because if you're too simple with people a lot of people will always like to take advantage of you.

There might be certain aspects of the business you won't want to go public to your competitors. So, yes, a non disclosure agreement might need to be signed before letting anybody into that business

In the tech world where what will make the business tick is known only to you, it'll be difficult for someone to steal your idea especially if you patent it up

If it is about fees I guess I am lucky to have a lawyer acquittance who told me that one can actually seek help of lawyers from the office of the public defender office for free!
This is actually quite interesting because I know that some places actually do offer these services however I have never known it to be prominent when it comes to a patent lawsuit however I think it will be very helpful and very inspiring for innovative people.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds