Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Employee pay for damages?

Ogbest

Loyal member
Credits
We all know that accident happens, if an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, will you require him to pay for replacement equipment? Some workers may purposely damage equipment, or out of gross negligence. Since you may not actually know if the damage is done on purpose or not, will you allow them pay for the damages be it on purpose or accidentally?

Advertisement Placeholder
If an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, you cannot require him to pay for replacement equipment. Accidents happen. The damage must be treated as a business expense. You can only require an employee to pay for damaged equipment, if the damage is done on purpose or act of negligence

This dependd on conditions you started with .Secondly, everything in life has to do with risk. So, It should be part of business plan to make sure there is an insurance to cover uncertainty . Let there be insurance cover for your staff in the course of your business

If an employee or worker mistakenly damage one thing or the other, it is very wrong for you to ask them to pay for damages. Such employee would develop a form of hatred for you and won't show much dedication to his or her job like he normally uses to. It isn't in anyway appropriate to ask an employee to pay for damages.

The cost of damages should be deducted from employees monthly salary. I see nothing bad in it. I mean everyone should be responsible for each of their actions either intentional or by mistakes .

an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, you cannot require him to pay for replacement equipment. Accidents happen. The damage must be treated as a business expense. You can only require an employee to pay for damaged equipment, if the damage is done on purpose or because of gross negligence

We all know that accident happens, if an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, will you require him to pay for replacement equipment? Some workers may purposely damage equipment, or out of gross negligence. Since you may not actually know if the damage is done on purpose or not, will you allow them pay for the damages be it on purpose or accidentally?
If it is done out of carelessness or negligence, then the employer must pay but If it happens accidentally then the employee would need to replace it as accidents happen all the time

If an employee breaks or damages my property, I am definitely taking the cost of repair off his salary. I cannot be paying an employee and still pay for some thing he damaged. When employees start paying for their damages they will be more careful next time.

I don't an employee should be told to pay for damages if incase a property or goods is damaged in his care. It might be a mistake and of the employer is trying to get back at the employee with that kind of attitude it can draw back motivation from the employee

It depends on the kind of damage and rules of engagement which entail the terms and conditions as enshrined in the letter of appointment or engagement. Employees make be asked to pay for damages.

The question is did you provide such law in their appointment letters. If it is situated and they agreed to it, when employee damage company equipment, they are liable to pay for such damages or some kind of penalty should be given. But if such rule was not indicated during the time of employment, then it is 50-50, you both share the loss and pay for the Damage's..

On the off chance that a employee inadvertently breaks or harms gear, you can't expect him to pay for substitution hardware. Mishaps occur. The harm should be treated as an operational expense. You can just require a worker to pay for harmed gear, if the harm is done intentionally or in light of gross carelessness.

Employee Benefits and Compensation (Employee Salary)
(Some people will consider the distribution of profits, stock options and bonuses in the form of compensation.) You might think of the benefits as ...

If an employee breaks or damages my property, I am definitely taking the cost of repair off his salary. I cannot be paying an employee and still pay for some thing he damaged. When employees start paying for their damages they will be more careful next time.
But if such rule was not indicated during the time of employment, then it is 50-50, you both share the loss and pay for the Damage's..

It depends on the type of damage in question and also the employee found wanting. If it is a mistake that is based solely on negligence after so much warning. Also if the employee in question has been warned over and over again.

When a person make mistake it should be their responsibility to pay and answer to it. There are times when people one way or the other damage company’s properties and they are given warning while some are told to pay for it. I think if an employee make mistake he should be given a warning before being told to pay for it.

There are work ethics, and all protocols should be observed. Companies properties should be handled with utmost care even down to the pen you are using. Some companies give out guarantors form for some cases like this. There was a time salary was being deducted for Late coming.

If a staff should damage an equipment mistakenly you are not supposed to ask he/she to pay for it but if he or she should damage the equipment on purpose or after so much warning and endurance for he/she to handle the equipment with much care then the worker damage it then he can be forced to pay for it.

If an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, you cannot require him to pay for replacement equipment. Accidents happen. The damage must be treated as a business expense. You can only require an employee to pay for damaged equipment, if the damage is done on purpose or because of gross negligence.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds