Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Selling Physical Products Vs. Selling Digital Products

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
If you want to start a business with an aim to sell something, you have two options: one, you can sell physical products; two, you can sell digital products. If your business sells physical products, you need to spend money in product development and product procurement. You also need to work with a shipping company because you are required to ship the product to your buyer's address. When you are selling digital products, you can either develop yourself, or acquire from other sources. Once, you sell your products, you do not have to bother with shipping because you will be able to ship your product digitally and this does not require extra work or money.

Do you have a business? What are you selling, physical products or digital products?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't have a business for now, but I intend to have one soon, but it won't be a sales business, it will be a service business. I am also interested in the opportunity to have a digital product business, because of the comfort you describe in the subject, zero worries.

I presently sell physical products and I work with logistics companies who ensure orders are delivered to customers without stressing myself.

I presently sell physical products and I work with logistics companies who ensure orders are delivered to customers without stressing myself.
Excellent option you have, a logistics team that takes away any kind of worry, and from what you describe they are responsible people. That is what many companies are doing nowadays, that way they can close business with peace of mind.

If you are selling physical products you might have to deal with packaging and shipping, however, for digital products, you do not have to bother with packaging and shipping.

If you are selling physical products you might have to deal with packaging and shipping, however, for digital products, you do not have to bother with packaging and shipping.
That is the big difference, the comfort and tranquility that exists between the two is to consider and evaluate. Since it is more complex the sales of physical products than the digital ones, in the latter is easier the whole procedure until it reaches the buyer.

If you want to start a business with an aim to sell something, you have two options: one, you can sell physical products; two, you can sell digital products. If your business sells physical products, you need to spend money in product development and product procurement. You also need to work with a shipping company because you are required to ship the product to your buyer's address. When you are selling digital products, you can either develop yourself, or acquire from other sources. Once, you sell your products, you do not have to bother with shipping because you will be able to ship your product digitally and this does not require extra work or money.

Do you have a business? What are you selling, physical products or digital products?
The big problem of physical project that in any selling platform there is problem of delay so item can arrive in delivery after delay provided by online website which occurs a problem between buyer and seller however in digital product delivery online is on time and not cause such problem.

The physical nature of selling physical products, makes the demonstrating process easier to your customers. But, it takes a lot more time and money management for shipping and inventory. Whereas, you don't require any inventory and shipping in selling digital products. They can be stored and delivered in their electronic format.

Both are lucrative to trade on. But since this covid19 era, digital products are selling faster than the physical products.

Physical products are real products; while digital products works only in digital currency, nobody is going to pay for something that iisn't exist. Selling digital currency is the best digital product business.

You will have to cope up with charge backs when you are selling physical products, however, for digital products charge backs are negligible.

Digital products are scalable, there's no limit to how many products one can sell. And there is simply no logistics required for storing, packaging and making sure the products are shipped on time. Physical product sellers have to deal with all that.

Digital products are scalable, there's no limit to how many products one can sell. And there is simply no logistics required for storing, packaging and making sure the products are shipped on time. Physical product sellers have to deal with all that.
Digital products can be easily market via online than physical products.

There is limitation on what you can sell digitally, however, the scope of selling physical products is limitless.

I have plans to sell digital products, I want to sell digital copy of paintings and art works.

Maybe you could try your hands on third party sites to see if you can actually succeed. There are a lot of sites where you can sell digital art and painting.

I have plans to sell digital products, I want to sell digital copy of paintings and art works.
I love paintings and artwork, I hope you have the opportunity to sell your products, when you do publish the information as I would love to review what you offer.

I want to establish a portfolio website, which I will be using like a resume, However, as a side hustle, I will also add blog and shop page where I intend to sell downloadable items. These days, I am looking for items that I can resell.

Right now, I do not have any business. But I think I would be comfortable selling both physical and digital products. Moreover, even an offline business of selling physical products must have an online presence these days for it to succeed.

You can try creating an offline business and build some customer base, then start selling online. If you already have an offline business, you need much to start selling online.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds