Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Salary or hourly?

I prefer monthly salary because I can spend the money before I get home if its an hourly payment. With monthly payments, I will be able to budget how it will be spent and probably save some.

Advertisement Placeholder
Salary is better and okay although Hour is okay depending on the person involved, I prefer salary because I'll be able to plan ahead for it follow the budget I laid down for the month and also able to save easily

I prefer a fixed or aggreed saiary,if i do not have a fixed salary then it might be difficult to earn or save money duely to daily expensive.

I think I would prefer the hourly payment as I'm not a type of guy who has enough patient to wait until the month ends before finally receiving payment. As I would have already had a lot of dept on my neck before then, the hourly payment would definitely be more appropriate for me.
There is no way an hourly pay isn't far more better than salary or monthly pay. People are overworked on monthly pay and they still get less pay here which is just ridiculous.

I would like to work for salary because it is fixed and easy to save up. it can be very hard to keep money save when you are earning money hourly because you will always believe you will realise money soon.

I prefer monthly salary because it helps me plan my family budget on monthly basis and it is helpful to me because I can save. Why I wouldn't want that of hourly is because as the money comes that's how I will end up spending it on daily occasions, that of contract will make me settle any available bills and make impromptu expenses.

Do you prefer being paid by salary (fixed monthly payment), by the hour (fixed hourly amount), or contract (by the job)? And, please explain why. I prefer being paid by the hour as it's more of a incentive to work overtime.
I'd prefer to be paid by the hour because then I know I'm earning somewhat like a Pay as you Work system. That's way, I'm able to balance my time and not feel cheated that I'm putting in extra work than others (that stuff really hurts).
Besides, like you stressed when I see the need for putting in extra hours I'll do so and I know I'll be adequately rewarded for it.

Do you prefer being paid by salary (fixed monthly payment), by the hour (fixed hourly amount), or contract (by the job)? And, please explain why. I prefer being paid by the hour as it's more of a incentive to work overtime.
I prefer the hourly payment because it will make life easier for me.I will have to sort things I ought to sort quickly and it also reduce debt

I think the hourly would be best, even though I haven't been paid hourly for work before. I just think if you are being paid hourly, that means if you work more hours you get more payment.

As a worker, I prefer a monthly salary, because we will still get bonuses and overtime pay, outside of working hours, hourly wages will be more suitable for factory wage workers, so they really work, and supervision by supervisors will be easier.

These days, I prefer hourly or daily pays. This is because waiting for a whole month to get paid is so tasking, yet I have all these expenses that need to be catered for daily. I am also so good at saving money when I am getting it regularly.

It seems we are on the same side. I also liked to be paid on a hourly amount,the reason is because it's more profitable and encouraging,the little effort you put will show your results in an hour.

It seems we are on the same side. I also liked to be paid on a hourly amount,the reason is because it's more profitable and encouraging,the little effort you put will show your results in an hour.
What about if you find yourself in a situation where you are given a choice to be paid a huge amount monthly or receive very small pay hourly, which would you pick?

What about if you find yourself in a situation where you are given a choice to be paid a huge amount monthly or receive very small pay hourly, which would you pick?
Well. I will go for the one with good payments. If I will be paid well monthly then so be it. most at times monthly payments is not huge but sometimes it depends on the job.if it where which one would you pick?

Well. I will go for the one with good payments. If I will be paid well monthly then so be it. most at times monthly payments is not huge but sometimes it depends on the job.if it where which one would you pick?
Personally I am after the pay, if by my calculations what I would earn per hour when combined is not up to or more than what I earn monthly, then my pick would be the monthly pay.

Personally I am after the pay, if by my calculations what I would earn per hour when combined is not up to or more than what I earn monthly, then my pick would be the monthly pay.
Exactly. If what you will earn per hour is not up to what you will earn monthly, then it's advisable to pick the monthly payment. That's it.

The employer is generally precise about this and it is not up to you to decide because for some jobs like for example replace a teacher what is absent payment is hourly and in some others you get salary income.

Personally I like my salary, as you say it is a fixed monthly payment, because the daily payment or the hourly payment is not enough, I would have to wait two or three days to buy a food item. On the other hand, I have the opportunity to work overtime, which is well paid, because I work only part time.

I think if you round off the figure, then you will realize that both hourly and monthly figures are the same in the end. A person earning Rs.600 a day in my country is just like a person who earns Rs. 18,000.

I think if you round off the figure, then you will realize that both hourly and monthly figures are the same in the end. A person earning Rs.600 a day in my country is just like a person who earns Rs. 18,000.
If it is almost the same, that's why I say to charge full to see the money, since charging by hours is insignificant and not enough (in my case) to be able to buy something necessary at home. Now I prefer to earn fixed monthly, and if an hourly job comes along, add it to my salary earnings.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds