Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Salary or hourly?

If it is almost the same, that's why I say to charge full to see the money, since charging by hours is insignificant and not enough (in my case) to be able to buy something necessary at home. Now I prefer to earn fixed monthly, and if an hourly job comes along, add it to my salary earnings.

Perhaps you feel this way because being paid hourly makes you think that you are not getting paid enough. Receiving a huge amount in the end of month makes you manage your budget properly because it seems like you received a huge amount at the end.

Advertisement Placeholder
Perhaps you feel this way because being paid hourly makes you think that you are not getting paid enough. Receiving a huge amount in the end of month makes you manage your budget properly because it seems like you received a huge amount at the end.
It is just as you describe it, when I get paid by the hour I have to keep the money and add it up to be able to cover some need, but when I receive the total amount I can go directly to buy with the certainty that I have the necessary capital to do so

Fixed monthly payment is actually the best option for me. I wouldn't consider an hourly payment as that would be stressful and will be another work on its own as you have to check every hour whether or not you received your payment

Unfortunately over here payments are not being done hourly like it is been done over there, employers and government workers are being paid on monthly basis, a lot of people consider this to be one of the best way of raising money and saving money at the same time.

Do you prefer being paid by salary (fixed monthly payment), by the hour (fixed hourly amount), or contract (by the job)? And, please explain why. I prefer being paid by the hour as it's more of a incentive to work overtime.

I prefer a fixed salary, because I have a certainty that I will have it for sure at the end of the month or when I receive it. it makes me even more disciplined with money and more organized ...

It is just as you describe it, when I get paid by the hour I have to keep the money and add it up to be able to cover some need, but when I receive the total amount I can go directly to buy with the certainty that I have the necessary capital to do so

I would always like to get paid hourly because I find it easier to manage my expenses. I have daily expenses and when I get paid on monthly basis, I end up spending more.

Do you prefer being paid by salary (fixed monthly payment), by the hour (fixed hourly amount), or contract (by the job)? And, please explain why. I prefer being paid by the hour as it's more of a incentive to work overtime.
I prefer being paid a salary and monthly.
Salary payment is fixed and it is usually a rounded figure.
It allows me to make easier budgets.

I would always like to get paid hourly because I find it easier to manage my expenses. I have daily expenses and when I get paid on monthly basis, I end up spending more.
I assume that when you refer to earning by the hour, it is because the profit you receive or will receive is substantial to cover some expenses @Good-Person. In my case, working offline, such profit is negligible.

When it comes to online earning business or a site, I prefer hourly or at least daily income rather than waiting for a month. Because the online sites can easily go scam anytime , but its not that easy for any offline company to turn scam all of a sudden.

I prefer the hourly pay to the salary. Because with the hourly pay I can save better and settle my debts faster. I don't have a better saving culture when collecting salaries, it's easier for me with hourly pay.
Oh here I was thinking it's better to save money when you get in bulk that when you get them in bit. I guess different techniques works for different people

As long as salary is concern I will prefer to be paid base on monthly payment this will help me know what to use my money for and how to use my money wisely,and I will be able to buy something reasonable

I think I would prefer the hourly payment as I'm not a type of guy who has enough patient to wait until the month ends before finally receiving payment. As I would have already had a lot of dept on my neck before then, the hourly payment would definitely be more appropriate for me.
As for me personally i would be going for hourly payment as well,because it afford me to put in the number of hour i am willing to work,and thst will help me in my time management as well,instead of spending the who;e day for monthly payment.

I prefer being paid a salary, I will have something to look forward to and properly plan on it's usage.

Hourly will likely be spent immediately and saving may be a challenge.
It depends on how much you are being paid and how many hours that you are actually working in a day. Working on hourly basis would give you more flexibility to work on several jobs.

Well I prefer the hourly payment because it helps a lot with so many things and it makes things easier for me and it helps me purchase somethings like food items and so on

As long as salary is concern I will prefer to be paid base on monthly payment this will help me know what to use my money for and how to use my money wisely,and I will be able to buy something reasonable
Monthly payment will help you to plan your budget better and you will be able to maintain financial discipline. If you receive payments hourly, you might lose track of some of your earnings.

My country does not have an hourly payment system. many companies prefer paying monthly salary so that they could take advantage of their employees in some way. When it comes to monthly salary, a person might also become bound by the agreement.

A salary is going to be very very important , because it is something that you can count on, but something that is given to you per hour is not going to make sense, because you will end up wasting it before the end of month.

Getting paid per hour is the best, and I will continue to choose it over any other available option, because it helps you to get money with you every time that you work and not wait for end-of-month.

Monthly payment will help you to plan your budget better and you will be able to maintain financial discipline. If you receive payments hourly, you might lose track of some of your earnings.
This is in one case if the salary could supply all your needs because in half of the cases it is not satisfying all your needs especially with a family and children not single.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds