Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Rural area business

Peterlight

The man for the job
Credits
I went to th village few weeks ago and I had the chance to meet my old time friends. We discussed alot about the previous years and how life has been in the village.

One of my friends came seeking for advise on which business to start up in the village that is different from grocery store and selling farm product. I couldn't answer him cos I can't think of a better business opportunity than those he mentioned.

Can anyone help me on which business he can venture into apart from grocery store and selling farm product in the rural area.

Advertisement Placeholder
You are right that a grocery store is already there because it is a necessity. For a change, my suggestion for a business in the rural area is a boutique. People need food from the grocery but they also need new clothes, personal accessories, footwear, toiletries such as lotion, cologne, perfume and other boutique products. If there is no boutique yet in the village then that is your chance to be a pioneer in that business.

He can start with the sale of clothes, perfumes, and other items, get a shop and he can be making a whole lot from this business, he just have to be patient.
This business can be reliable

I can say to give advice that you should tell your friend to go and learn barbing, if he has skills of barbing and open saloon i assure that he will able to generate money from there.

I went to th village few weeks ago and I had the chance to meet my old time friends. We discussed alot about the previous years and how life has been in the village.

One of my friends came seeking for advise on which business to start up in the village that is different from grocery store and selling farm product. I couldn't answer him cos I can't think of a better business opportunity than those he mentioned.

Can anyone help me on which business he can venture into apart from grocery store and selling farm product in the rural area.
Basically , there is no specific business that will be suitable for rural area , it depends on what is lacking in the area. Business like cloths selling , phone repair a d services will work because it won't be rampant there

@Peterlight , you and him knows the environment much better my advice in this case is for him to carry out his research on things people in his village and other villages go to urban to get in large quantities, he can venture into such for instance selling of spare parts for motorcycles, bicycle and the likes.

I had same experience when I went to the village with my uncle my grandpa advice my Uncle to get a plot of land in rural area and he will later use it and develop it for pure water business

Tell your friend to help people wash there clothes. If he can act as wash man from house to house, he can make money from the services he will be rendering.

I will advise you tell your fried to start doing delivery business. This business will fetch him a lot of profit. But he will have to get a car or motor cycle for the delivery system. And you can start the business together if you wish, because you never can tell what will be the outcome of the business.

There are many businesses that can thrive in rural areas, people living in rural areas are not that financially buoyant so you have to consider the business that will suit their finances and income

A business that will thrive in a rural area if it has time and span involved because business in a rural area is like investing it may take time for it to boom and there is probability that it may not boom
Any business involving agriculture will definitely thrive

In a rural area, there are opportunities that could be utilized to earn money. If the said village does not have reliable light supply, the person can start a phone charging business or a football viewing center.

If you are in one of the rural areas and dream of starting your own business, here are some business ideas to help you:
Organic production.
Poultry farm
Fishery
Milk center.
Fertilizer saliva
Drinking water supply.
Retail Stores
Flour mill.

Nice to hear that you want to start business in rural areas because people from rural areas also need some products which are only availablebin cities. Check what thing is demanding in rural area where you want to start this business,then you can start that business for help of people and also to get profit.

You must be a good observer, analyze what is the reason why people travel to the city and what the majority buy. What is there in the city that cannot be achieved in the town? They can establish a cell phone sales and repair business, or any of those already mentioned in this thread. Many options you just have to study the demand.

This is my personal experience.To open a medical store in rural area is very profitable and different business so that no one need to go in city by hurdle local travelling.and people prayer also comes.

Rural area business can be profitable provided you are ready to venture into either cassava processing plant to make ethanol or poultry keeping for eggs production or for the meat production

He can venture into selling drugs and feed for livestock such as chickens, pigs and goat..... I'm pretty sure most people that live in rural areas rear livestock and they have to travel to urban areas to get drugs for the animals... If he can sell such I'm pretty sure he will make a lot of profit

Buying and selling things in the village, for example wheat or other crops, is also considered an important business. Buying things from people and sending them to the market is considered an important business in the village.

But those are the things that the village people are likely to need and want, so why doesn't he go with those? Your friend is also best placed to determine what can work for the people there because he knows the area, the people, what gaps exist in the market that he can exploit etc. Without knowing how far advanced the people in your friend's village are, it's kind of hard to make a suggestion. If at least we knew the type of demography we're dealing with here, we'd have something to work with.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds