Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Review and Update of Rules and Guidelines

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
When a forum or community first begins often a generic set of rules and guidelines gets posted without much thought of going back to them. How frequently do you think they should be reviewed and tailored more for your specific community? Once every 3 months - 6 months? Once a year?

Is it important to adapt to the communities needs? Or are rules/guidelines okay to stay semi-generic?

Our communities rules are not generic. That is because we are a PG community, we actually need to be a bit more strict than usual. We try not to be so strict to the point were conversations cannot happen, but we do have rules like no swearing, no politics or religion, stuff like that.

I don't often go back and update my rules unless I create a new subforum and have to make up rules for that section of the forum. Then I usually just make a sticky topic in the subforum rather than going back and editing my main global rules.

My rules end has been updated some months back now ;) Partly since it's been years since they were updated and as I read the old rules they are fully outdated and I felt that they need to be edited to feel less strict and more relaxed. Still have the rules in place but more easier to read more understandable and have more sense

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor