Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Qualifications needed?

• Thread starter Deleted member 403
  • Start date
I think that when it comes to freelancing, you do not need to have qualifications as a requirement to put out your advertisement for jobs that you are willing to and able to accept. However, at the same time i think that if you have those qualifications, then it is likely that the clients will have a lot more confidence in tasking you with the job, because they will see that you have the technical knowledge that is required to back up your skills.

Advertisement Placeholder
Are the qualifications needed to start a business or become a freelancer online? Maths and English are the basics you need, and any other qualifications will depend on the type of work you're planning to go into. I have the essential ones, and a couple of computing certificates too.
Qualification in any field is very important when it comes to freelancing miss especially but i don't really think qualification is important in some kind of business as far you have the knowledge.

You are right on what you said my friend, but I don't think been good in mathematics is actually necessary in some spaces.

I don't think qualifications is needed to start up a business or freelancing online. All what you need is to be good in the niche you are handling. With that only you are definitely good to go

I think it's all depends on the kind of business you are starting up.. There many entrepreneur who lack academic qualifications and their businesses are doing ok.. but then for others English could be essential to the grow of the business because it's a universal language.
You are right. If you are in a corporate business, I computer and English literacy will be needed. But if you are just starting a vegetable or fruit vending then basic math skill is only needed.

To go into the freelancing buisness, you will only be needing qualification for certain type of skills that requires you be qualified like architecture and the likes

The basic knowledge in English and Math are really essential in most business ventures. In freelancing, some tasks require specific skills. Freelance writing for example requires a good command in English.

You are definitely going to need the English skills because of communication but then aside from that it is a matter of what you can do that we'll be able to get your job.

I don't think qualifications are needed to start a business to some extent because they don't ask for all these qualifications from then online work you signed up to do just like Fiverr and upwork

It depends on the type of business that you want to start will determine if it will needs qualification to start but most businesses does not need it. What is needed for a business to be successful is the past experience on the business.

It all depends on the type of job you want to take up,I believe that what is needed is proficiency in the international language of the platform you are in and knowledge, better insight, good education and computer skills.

Yes there are some freelancing gig that requires a specific kind of qualification before you can go into it. Like you said maths and English are a basic need because you would have need for it in one way or another.

Yes there are some freelancing gig that requires a specific kind of qualification before you can go into it. Like you said maths and English are a basic need because you would have need for it in one way or another.
It is not all type of business that needs qualification they are most business that needs skills and other business also needs techniques for you to be able to succeed in in them.

It is not all type of business that needs qualification they are most business that needs skills and other business also needs techniques for you to be able to succeed in in them.
Those skills and techniques you made mention of are the qualifications needed. What is the meaning of qualification?
Qualification simply means the requirements needed to achieve a particular thing. So if skills and techniques are needed for the success then it's safe to say those are the qualifications needed for that particular business

There are no qualifications for you to be presenting to freelance platforms In order to get into their game. But you must have a host of qualifications yourself to proof that you can do the job given you on any of these platforms though

I think it's all depends on the kind of business you are starting up.. There many entrepreneur who lack academic qualifications and their businesses are doing ok.. but then for others English could be essential to the grow of the business because it's a universal language.
I totally agree it depends on the kind of business you intend on starting and what is required from you, also vocational skill is as important as academic qualification as it actually what most startup requires.

In most freelancing sites, the major mode of communication is English language. Also for varying businesses, other courses like mathematics may be an added advantage for the individual.

that's completely true.english and maths are the basics we need but most especially English because, it is the language we use to communicate, math's is not as important as English.

Irrespective of the job, a good understanding of English is very necessary for you to work online. This will make communication and negotiation with clients easier

Depending on the area you want to freelance - a programmer for instance, would apart from his English skills can have a jobberman or udemy certification that can boost his bio and make it attractive to prospective clients.
Though when working online, a more than average English speaking qualifications or proficiency is good.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds