Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Making Money as an Online Writer

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Simply being able to write a couple of lines in a forum does not make you a writer. Many people posting on forums label themselves as writers. If you publish longer posts, maybe 400-500 words in articles sites, you can claim to be a writer. However, to become a writer, you must have written a lot of things Likewise, having language skills alone does not make you a great writer. To excel as a writer, you need both language skills and writing skills. If you aspire to become a writer, think about enhancing your language and writing abilities through education and training. You don't necessarily need to attend university; short-term courses are available as well.

There is a lot of writing opportunities online, however, as a writer writing in English as a second language, I have to struggle to secure writing gigs and I end up working for lower payment.

If I was in your position I would pick the highest-paying niche you know well, to write in. Of course, it should be a niche you are enthusiastic about.

Then read as much professional level content in that niche as you can manage.
The paid for Grammarly option may also help.

Finally, I think writing is one area that's going to be impacted by improvements in Artificial Intelligence. But how long it will take for AI to write content indistinguishable from human-written content is anyone's guess.

You can always look and see if there's any websites hiring for paid writers. Look around on webmaster forums, but also promotional forums as well. You can offer your services on websites like Fiverr too and see if anyone hires you to write an article for them. If you do go down this route, do remember to give examples of your writing so you have a greater chance of getting hired.

In order to secure more and better paying writing gigs, you might have to write for less or even nothing. Many clients ask for portfolio, to see the works you’ve done in the past.
So you should work on building that portfolio first so that you can have enough to show.

Here is a list of sites with opportunities for freelance writers.......https://thewritelife.com/find-freelance-writing-jobs/

I don't like writing blog posts. The only way I could is with the help of AI and that's very fake, so in that case, I stay out of it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor