Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Posting Contests

Depends on the member base imo. It can work out perfectly if everyone takes an honest shot at it, without having the need to overdo it that it compromises the quality. Times have changed and nowadays people want a high amount worthy of prizes.

True, the better the prize is you'd think the better the quality of posts would be if it is indeed one of the factors that revolve around the contest.

I think having posting contests for your forum do work out well if you have strict rules for those wanting to participate in the contest. Having strict rules that they should adhere to will help prevent the posting of useless and spam posts and also allow you to disqualify those who do not follow those rules. Having good prizes as well will help to bring people in to participate who will bring high quality posts as well. You just need the right rules and requirements in place so that it works how you want it to.

I've noticed on software similar to Xenforo it's harder to go through their posting content! I would give more points towards threads in certain sections and they link that in the Posting Contest Topic and edit their post as they create new content. Posts are harder to really sift through. I would also turn off post count in certain areas such as forum games so that can not count either. You can go through their posts and see if it is just a few word post/reply then I would not count it. I would specify how long the posts must be to count.

With the right rules and expectations I think it can work well! I had several on my prior forum and it went well.

Posting a contest works if you ahve a good active members base with traffic on your site, I find most of the time you need members to enter the giveaway. But it's not easy, I have run many giveaways and getting people to be interested is not easy, depending on what the giveaway is and how high the prizes are. Last time I had a posting contest only three people ended up taking part and only one winner and that person was not even interested in the game ;(

I have five games keys that I'm trying to get to giveaway and no on is interested, I mean why it can be so HARD to give things away and people just like, Mahhh

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor