Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

One owner, or a group of owners, what is your preference?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
What is your preference when it comes to owning a business? Do you want to be the only owner? Or do you prefer the idea of owning a business with a group? I think a group is more appealing, as we have more hands on deck and can deliver more. And we can all have a vote on what to do instead of one voice.

As well, I don't think I'd want to do it all alone. I'm not one for hiring people, so I obviously need a person to handle that, and then some.

Advertisement Placeholder
Being a sole owner of a business firm have always been my priority for life. That is what i currently do. I don't like mixed ideas, i just like bringing my own ideas and running the business the way i like and not someone altering with my evaluations.

Setting up a business can involve little more than printing some business cards, or it may entail hiring a corporate attorney to draft corporate charters, agreements, and articles of incorporation. As the forms of business ownership become more complex, the cost associated with establishing the business also increases.

What is your preference when it comes to owning a business? Do you want to be the only owner? Or do you prefer the idea of owning a business with a group? I think a group is more appealing, as we have more hands on deck and can deliver more. And we can all have a vote on what to do instead of one voice.

As well, I don't think I'd want to do it all alone. I'm not one for hiring people, so I obviously need a person to handle that, and then some.
For it is anything that works for the particular individual. Knowing that every business has their advantages and disadvantages, an entrepreneur must choose what to do to achieve his/her set business goals.
I can do both at a go and it would mostly depend of availability of funds to execute.

I still prefer one owners business and also its nit good doing a business alone that's why there are managers so there will be people to handle your business area a and places...... No joint owner for me

I will prefer to own a business alone but partnership with someone or a group of people to establish a business is also not a bad idea, especially when you don't have the required capital to start alone,going into partnership is an option.

Interesting. Although owning a business with others has its specs as you mentioned, I think I prefer to be a sole proprietor. I can still hire people and delegate some responsibilities to them.

If I want to venture into any business enterprise I would like for it to be a sole proprietorship, having to handle and run all the affairs of my company. Partnership has it own advantages such as availability of funds, sharing of ideas and opinion but the disadvantages is at the higher side, if your partner doesn't share similar vision and goal as yourself then that business is bound to crumble at the long run.

I prefer to be the only owner of my Business because most of the time partnership do go wrong in business. Your partner might not be putting the same energy you are putting In a business and they will be expecting equal profit

The both have their advantages and disadvantages. This is another way of saying a sole proprietorship and and a partnership business. It is good to own a business and have 100% control on it. By this one can fully integrate his/her potential and implement whatever policy they feel it's right but I think it's also good when a business is owned by a group of people. This will give the business a strong backup in the face of whatever challenge.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both owing a business and partnering with others to win a business. For a sole proprietorship the advantage is that you alone gets to receive the profits, and the disadvantages is that if there is a loss you alone gets to bear the loss and you also make the sole decision to your business. But when it comes to business partneships you only can't make the decision and there is every tendency that you can also be voted out of the business by the other boards of directors and so many more. But the advantage is that you share the loss together if the business run at a loss too. So both are good and also they have their advantages and disadvantages.

I have experienced a partnership and my brother also had his partnership business. It was good when the partners are cooperating and thinking alike. But when things change for the worse the business has to be closed and dissolved. My brother's business was quite big and it was sad that it was closed due to disagreement of the partners.

It all depends on individual preferences, unlike me I like doing my thing in my own personal way, if you advice me, and it is for the business organization growth and success, fine. But I will really love to be the one over seeing the affair of the business organization.

A sole proprietorship quite a demanding form of business that requires one to be astute in the business field they have decided to embark upon. It requires financial capability as well as experience that would ensure you deliver and make success as a one man business. If you have what it takes, then there should be no problem becoming one. I prefer to be the single owner of my company. However, after successful timelines, I would fancy selling a part of it as investment.

I prefer to run my business on my own, I trust my abilities to do well without a partner or group. When more people are involved in running a business, more problems arise such as trust and cooperation

Group of owner will be not too good for any business or any company because you can not take any decision you want single handedly, so if there is only one owner then he can take his own decisions, which will surely effect . So i would prefer One Owner.

Owning a business with a group will share the profits and loss as the case maybe thereby reducing the risk inherent in running a business but I prefer having my own business and at the same time investing in a business that is owned by a group so that I can get the advantage of the two simultaneously.

Having a partnership business seems attractive sometimes because of its obvious advantages, it ensures faster mobilization of capital, and resources to help set up the business, and in case anything goes wrong and the business collapse your loss will be less because of shared liability. One of the things that makes it less attractive is the decision making process, which is usually slow as lots of people need to be consulted and this might delay decision making, which might not be good for the business.

I as a person would prefer a group of owners to just a owner. This is due to the fact that two good and focused heads are better than one. The fact that you are two in the business would help lift the other when down. Quick response or decision would be slowed down and am looking at the bright side of the slow down. It becomes difficult to fall in false hands. Group of owners is better for me.

My dear it depends upon your capabilities and interest in your work. Either you have just capital and no experience then you will have to do welcome an experienced person but if you have both then you must start it individually.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds