Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Info MyBB Software Thread

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
MyBB is the free and open source forum software powering thousands of engaging, vibrant, and unique communities across the internet. Extended range of plugins and themes available, both free and paid, MyBB has become a positive forum solution to many webmasters. MyBB releases updates and security fixes every now and then when it's required.

They have been working on 1.9 since forever it seems (more or less 2018) but the software keeps being delayed every year. Still, progress is being made occasionally.

MyBB 1.8.30 Released — Security Release

March 9, 2022
MyBB 1.8.30 is now available, and is a security release.
  • 1 security vulnerability addressed:
    • High risk: ACP Settings management RCE (advisory) — reported by Cillian Collins / Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative
Check the Release Notes for more information.
Get latest MyBB Full & Upgrade Packages →
The MyBB Project extends thanks to reporters and researchers following responsible disclosure.
Go to mybb.com/security to report possible security concerns or to learn more about security research at MyBB.
If you would like to contribute to the Project, Get Involved.
Thanks,
MyBB Team
Posted in Releases

Do you have experience using MyBB? What do you like about the software? Discuss anything MyBB in this topic.

I have a forum built on MyBB. My experience with MyBB is just one month old (age of my forum), therefore, I do not have a lot of experience using MyBB, however, based on my limited experience, I can say this is pretty good forum software.

MyBB 1.8.31 Released — Security & Maintenance Release​

October 4, 2022 by MyBB Team
MyBB 1.8.31 is now available, and is a security & maintenance release.
This version resolves discovered bugs and regressions, and improves compatibility with database engines and recent PHP versions.
Please note that the value of Additional Parameters for PHP’s mail() (Mail Settings) now only takes effect when saved in the Configuration File.
Check the Release Notes for more information.
Get latest MyBB Full & Upgrade Packages →
Go to mybb.com/security to report possible security concerns or to learn more about security research at MyBB.
If you would like to contribute to the Project, Get Involved.

I liked MyBB way back, but have not used it in a long time. I've made forums with it before and it did okay. I just think XenForo is the best way to go nowadays.

I love MyBB but there is an extreme lack in updated free themes. :/

I used to love MyBB back in the day! It was so user friendly and easy to use, definitely one of the best free forums. I thought they were working on MyBB 2.0, what ever happened to that if they're still on 1.8?! :oops:

Thanks, even that looks like it's been going on for a long time. Not sure how I feel about it, at a glance it looks quite simplistic and basic. Maybe we will get to see the finished product one day... 😬
Admittedly it does take them a very long time. But it’s open source, so it’s kinda to be expected to go at a slower pace. Hopefully they’ll finish it soon so I can start offering it as forum hosting. :p

A suitably motivated group of people can put things together surprisingly fast. The problem MyBB has if I'm any judge is much the same as SMF: needing to find enough new features to drop into it to justify the version bump and not having a real roadmap of where to go from here, which also slows the pace down as no-one can decide what that should be.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest