Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Mybb custom theme

Claraviolet

Renowned member
Credits
Do you guys know that, usually a mybb custom theme costs you around 60$?
The actual forum software is free but the theme is not.

I think, that's a bit messed up. What do you guys think? Do you feel the same?

Advertisement Placeholder
Nah. The person who develops the software or the hardware deserves the right to charge whatever they want for it. That's actually not a bad price either. I know of a few people that paid $100+ for a decent phpBB one.

Most custom themes cost quite a lot. It's also based on if you really need a custom theme, or maybe just a few modifications.

It's a custom theme after all. It's a theme that will be yours forever and someone has to work hard for them.

Eh, it is a custom theme so I would hope to be paying some nice money. Though, for a free software, it's really stupid. I would go with a paid software and a custom theme, it's just better all around. :p

Eh, it is a custom theme so I would hope to be paying some nice money. Though, for a free software, it's really stupid. I would go with a paid software and a custom theme, it's just better all around. :yum:
The thing for me though is with paid software I rarely see custom themes and if there is one they barely look any different or special from the normal ones

You can get premium themes for around $20-$30 which isn't all that bad. It makes sense that custom themes cost a little more because they only make one sale off of it and the developers want to make some money for their time that they worked on the theme.

When I get contacted to design a custom theme for MyBB I charge WAY more than $60. You're looking upwards of $250 for custom work.

I know there are a lot of themes around you can use for free or relatively cheap. I guess it's their business what they want to charge, and you don't have to buy it. It does seem a bit high, but I guess they have to pay the bills somehow.

I know there are a lot of themes around you can use for free or relatively cheap. I guess it's their business what they want to charge, and you don't have to buy it. It does seem a bit high, but I guess they have to pay the bills somehow.

That's a very good point. However, there are a lot of people who don't have lots of money to spare. At least, many people I know live paycheck to paycheck. But, I'm guessing they are the same way.

That's a very good point. However, there are a lot of people who don't have lots of money to spare. At least, many people I know live paycheck to paycheck. But, I'm guessing they are the same way.
Well, even if there is enough money, if your family wouldn't want you to spend that money on your website, then you will have to cut down your expenses.
I would suggest purchasing a premium theme and then tweaking it a bit, to get a new look. I would suggest adding backgrounds, group images, and other images based on your niche.
I really wouldn't want to spend too much on custom themes but if they are really that good, then I wouldn't mind it I guess.

It might be worth it. I mean, it's still less than buying premium software and a custom theme which would be maybe 200 USD all in all.

You can purchase relatively cheap myBB themes from Audentio Designs.

Other places are iAndrew.org and NetPen.Club. Anyone know of more?

Personally a reasonable price range is $15 - $25 for a premium theme. Custom themes depends on the niche and what you want to make your forum unique. You have to understand that theme developers make the theme responsive and they usually do not resell custom themes (as what I seen). They have to make their money worth. Premium themes can be bought by 100 users for $20 while a custom theme for only 1 forum site for like $100

Do you guys know that, usually a mybb custom theme costs you around 60$?

I think, that&;s a bit messed up. What do you guys think? Do you feel the same?
That is not messed up at all, in my opinion. I once created a custom theme for ZetaBoards, which is also free software, for 60 dollars. Considering it's a custom theme, developers spend time and effort into creating a theme just for you. I think that should be worth something. ;)

The actual forum software is free but the theme is not.
By that logic, a custom Wordpress theme created just for you should also be free or like 30$ max, just because Wordpress is a free software?

Heck, I make Wordpress websites, which usually aren't even really big, for €600 - €1300 (714$ - 1548$).

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds