Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Merging websites - does it help or hinder?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
I've always wondered (having not done it myself!) if merging one forum/website with another will either help or hinder that site in the long-run. For me, if I was a member of one site and found myself suddenly being flung to another, it would annoy me. From an admin perspective, sure it would be nice to have all these 'new' users and content added to my forum/website but I can imagine the SEO impacts and the work needed to offset that is a pain in itself.

So, what do you think? Can merges be a useful tool or is it more of a hindrance?

Advertisement Placeholder
Merge can be a useful if two websites theme is the same for example there are two websites about sports but can be impossible if two websites theme is different for example for example first site is about agriculture and second website about indistrualization so it varies from case to case there is no general rule.

It depends on the purpose of the two website , there are some websites that if they merged together they would make a sucess, while some don't make a success , it all depends on the kind of website you want to run

Well! I don't think merging site will hinder the rate of traffic coming into the site but rather increase it as long the site and forum are having the same purpose.

can anyone explain to me how merging works on a forum or a blog? I have heard about movie website from one domain to another domain, however, this option removes content on the website where a new website is moved.

I see merging as a useful tool when it comes to website, but not all website need merging, merging is only need in website that involves the same themes

It depends on the type of website your are merging, if it is similar in context then it can be merged and run together.

From the perspective of a user, I may not necessarily like to interact with a new website but it could also be a good thing if the new site is better designed and offers more than the one I am used to.

I've always wondered (having not done it myself!) if merging one forum/website with another will either help or hinder that site in the long-run. For me, if I was a member of one site and found myself suddenly being flung to another, it would annoy me. From an admin perspective, sure it would be nice to have all these 'new' users and content added to my forum/website but I can imagine the SEO impacts and the work needed to offset that is a pain in itself.

So, what do you think? Can merges be a useful tool or is it more of a hindrance?
To me merging website is not really a good idea, I believe sites should be operated separately, it will really make a lot of sense in using them.

I know of a website that tried paying for months but it was difficult so the owner decided to merge with a similar website and the rest is history, I guess the saying is true that two heads are better than one.

Instead of one to lose a site entirely maybe dude to poor management or something then its better to merge as long as it guarantees its existence

I know of a website that tried paying for months but it was difficult so the owner decided to merge with a similar website and the rest is history, I guess the saying is true that two heads are better than one.
Seriously, I have not come across such situations, since I started on line earnings, but if merging will be the only solution to the challenges, then it okay.

Seriously, I have not come across such situations, since I started on line earnings, but if merging will be the only solution to the challenges, then it okay.
I wouldn't want to say the name here so it doesn't seem like a defamatory act but it is a popular website now that it has been merged although it took a while but it paid off.

helps only when both of the websites have low traffic, so you can bring traffic from that website and from this website and it wouldn't contribute, but if they are some big websites, the users might not like that

Merging can go both ways to either hinder the progress of the original website or boost it. These depends on the type of agreement reached by both parties

There is no harming in merging websites. In fact it is advisable to merger them if the are well related. It passes the message better when they are together. This is my opinion by the way.

It depends on the quality of services the two sites that merge together gives out to their members that would determine if okay with them or not. But I don't think there is anything bad in two sites marching together to become one tho.

Merging is good option if you can't handle both sites but if you have different kind of userbase and have different niche than better you keep them separate to make sure your users are happy and keep your site active.

Merging of website actually have advantages more than disadvantages especially for the fact that before website are merged, the members of that website are informed about the developments because most website merging are done because of acquisitions.

From a lot of experience I have seen, merging sites usually occur when one of he sites can no longer sustain itself but has good value so the best thing to do is to actually merge it together.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds