Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Merging websites - does it help or hinder?

I don't think is wrong if the website are the same theme it does matter to merging depending it will bring good value for the website, is a good thing.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yeah sure, it works you don't lose traffic from one of the websites, the traffic gets rerouted to the main website, merging is a good thing and can be a step in the right direction.

It may lead to the success of the websites especially if the websites are into the same services. However, if they differ in functions, it may lead to maladministration.

Recently GPT Forum was merged with Bizdustry, did this help Bizdustry or hinder the growth? I think this created duplicate posts on Bizdustry (because similar threads were on GPT forum)

Before i also use to think that merging a site to another site will be a hindrance but i don’t believe such thing again.The owner of the site to his best interest has a reason for merging his site to another one

Mergers of 2 sites are usually carried out on forum sites that have a lot in common in their discussions, in the past there was a merger of the Moneygurus site with Bizdustry, for members of the old site they will get a new atmosphere and they will not lose the forum site to share opinions and discussions. At least if you have a forum site that will be closed then it's best, notify members to immediately change forums. I don't think there's any hindering SEO impact that's important to add moderators. So the merger between the two sites will be very useful for both parties.

To an extent , I think merging a site is not really that profitable especially when the sites are still trying to generate much traffic , the cost of running them will be quite demanding

I don't really know how this merging of websites works of course I have not been on such website before. I think it is beneficial in one way or the other that is the reason why it was so in the website.

It is not something bad, especially if it's a paying forum and Payment would still continue. The admin need to still inform members about this change still.

I don't think it's always a good idea simply because it can cause problems with two communities being forcibly merged together. Plus, forums are so unique that one forum will always absorb the other, they never get equally merged into one.

I believe merging sites is quit helpful and useful as all traffic from both sites would have to go directly to one. And it would be more effective if both sites before merging where in a way about similar things, so after the merging, there would be no conflict between previous customers as to which content they want

I think merging of websites is always for a purpose. If actually a website cannot stand on its own anymore, it can help to remain function or if they actually have something to achieve such as reputation, they can emerge.

I have seen a lot of merging of sites before. And in most of those times it is as a result of one of the sites not being able to sustain itself causing the merge.

This is like making a partnership, business mergers are usually a good idea because lot sir consideration would have been put into it prior to the merging unless a party backslides

There are a lot of things that may occur that will lead to site mergers and it mostly occurs with sites that are of the same category to help achieve a bigger goal.

i have thought about (having not done it without anyone else's help!) if blending one’s discussion/site with another will either help or prevent that site over the long haul. As far as I might be concerned, on the off chance that I was an individual from one site and wound up out of nowhere being flung to another, it would disturb me. According to an administrator viewpoint, sure it is ideal to have every one of these 'new' clients and content.

I think it is only going to be a wise action to merge if the two websit in question have some very close similarities that can only make the merger more meaningful than merging two dissimilar platforms

Recently, GPT forum was merged with bizdustry, did bizdustry benefit? I do not think so because the members on GPT forum were already on Bizdustry forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds