Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Merging websites - does it help or hinder?

I always wondered if integrating one forum/site with another would help or hinder that site in the long run (never done it myself! ). It can be frustrating when you're a member of one site and suddenly you're thrown into another. From an admin's point of view it's certainly nice to be able to add all these "new" users and content to their forums/sites, but the impact on SEO and the work required to balance this is a pain It is not difficult to imagine that themselves.

Advertisement Placeholder
Merging website is helpful when owner could no longer manage the website again so it would help to regain its operation back to normal state.

It depends on the circumstances; there is no set rule. Merging two websites with the same theme, such as two websites about sports, can be beneficial. However, merging websites with different themes, such as one website about agriculture and another about menstruation, can be impossible.

It depends on the two websites being merged and also on the members of the website. For me, i like the idea of merging website. I feel it would help the sites in the long run.

I don't understand the idea behind you merging your sites though. Except they're in different niches and you want to bring them as sub niches under a general forum. That's the only way it can be feasible.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds