Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Managing staff(s) in a key section of your company.

Are you keeping them to the transferred department permanently or what , if so then i think the person could spend a year to master the skill very well
This is only very important that you have the best workers in your company working in the best department because that is the only way that they're going to offer the very best in your business.

Advertisement Placeholder
As long as the employee is trust worthy and as long as the employee has not done anything wrong, you can keep your staff in the sensitive position. However, you should also closely watch the person for any red flags.
If the right workers are not put in the best apartment that are supposed to work in it is going to reflect on their job output which is going to be in a negative outcome.

I can agree that managing staff in the key section is not easy. When I handled a software house the key staff are the project managers because they are on top of the project which are being done by the programmers. When the project manager is inefficient then the programmers would also be affected. For me, it is the bonding with the staff that matters. When I give instructions they do it to the letter because they respect me.

Transferring employees depends on the motives of the management. If you want their to be a good form of specialization, it's for the interest of the company to keep employees at the post they've been working for years so as to keep production doing with space of few time

I think transfers should be done in the overall interest of the company. There is no point moving a staff from a sensitive position to another post if such a person is doing excellently well.
It doesn't make sense. But some institution adopt this simply because they want everyone to be able to carry out all the jobs in that company. This idea is good, don't you think?

To my own perspectIve if the staffs are performing well in their respectives and various department and sections , I don't see any reason for transferring them from one department to another ,

It doesn't make sense. But some institution adopt this simply because they want everyone to be able to carry out all the jobs in that company. This idea is good, don't you think?
Such decisions also have its own advantages. For example, it will make a staff to be all-round in terms of knowledge of the duties to perform. In summary, their versatility would be greatly improved at the end.

We can manage staffs by providing facilities that satisfy them. This can keep staffs work without an fare and mentain good health. Payment of salary on time with areas is very important.

Last edited:
Well, management in any company is a very sensitive position which may be handled by only sensitive and reasonable people. Most especially the management of personal, they are the elements which may lead to the growth and development of a company through their labour.

Such decisions also have its own advantages. For example, it will make a staff to be all-round in terms of knowledge of the duties to perform. In summary, their versatility would be greatly improved at the end.
Absolutely right. And I would prefer such firm because at the end of the day might have gathered enough knowledge at different department of the firm. But also it has its down side

Absolutely right. And I would prefer such firm because at the end of the day might have gathered enough knowledge at different department of the firm. But also it has its down side
Same here. I believe it will make a staff to be very versatile in the organization. It will also help the company to easily get a replacement for a person who is absent from his post for a reason.

I really don't think one should transfer staffs from one section or department of an organization to another. It's really not compulsory. If a staff can maintain a particular department for years, it'll definitely lead to specialization and this will increase productivity

Same here. I believe it will make a staff to be very versatile in the organization. It will also help the company to easily get a replacement for a person who is absent from his post for a reason.
Yes but it's down is that it could slow down the activities of the company as staff are always introduced to new department. It would take time for them to know what they are to do

Yes but it's down is that it could slow down the activities of the company as staff are always introduced to new department. It would take time for them to know what they are to do
That is true. Valuable time and resources is often spent in the training of the staff when transferred to a new department and it slows down the business process.

It’s important to get to know members of your team individually, not only on a professional level but on a more personal level too. When you put the effort in to get to know a bit more about how your colleagues are doing and what they are interested in, it will build a much better rapport among the team.

You have to be very observant in order to direct the people to the right direction towards the company goals. You should never tolerate any laxity in the workplace and make sure you reward the hard-working employees accordingly.

I believe that the longest somebody stays in a particular position the more experience he is going to get. That is why I am not in support of transferring people at the slightest inconvenience.

I think a wise manager would determine what kind of section is not performing well and they could assign the best team in that department to overcome problems related to performance and even assess the right kind of candidate that is suitable for the job.

I think a wise manager would determine what kind of section is not performing well and they could assign the best team in that department to overcome problems related to performance and even assess the right kind of candidate that is suitable for the job.
Yeah that's the thing there ,the manager should delegate responsibilities and assign it to different teams , because that's what is going to make them more effective in performing duties

Keeping one staff in a particular position for too long may reduce productivity. Such staff would get bored performing the same routine activity all the time. It's good to keep rotating responsibilities among the staffs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds