Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Managing staff(s) in a key section of your company.

As a business owner, you already know that managing staff can be one of the most trying tasks you face. Whether you have only one employee or if you have dozens, there are four tried-and-true techniques that you can use to manage staff effectively.

communication
Clear and concise communication is absolutely essential to manage employees. This communication should happen in at least two different ways. First, hold productive team meetings where company goals and benchmarks are discussed and where employees can raise concerns in an open forum. Second, have one-to-one meetings with each of your direct reports. A weekly or biweekly sit-down with your employees gives them direct access to ask you for clarification on issues, to be given new tasks and to report on progress. It is wise to follow up all of your meetings with employees in writing. This reinforces the management directives and lists the agreed-upon points. Reiteration is key; it helps avoid confusion and eliminates the back-and-forth.

Work Climate
Creating a comfortable and friendly work environment is also key to effective management. Little things can go a long way: Provide employees with a well-stocked break room full of coffee, tea and water, make sure employee restrooms are routinely cleaned, allow employees their requisite breaks and lunch periods and greet your staff as you meet them in the mornings, in the hallways and as they leave for the evening. A friendly and supportive work climate helps ease tension and makes employees to feel comfortable talking to you about problems that affect their ability to earn your business money. Furthermore, happy employees stay with a company longer and develop a sense of loyalty and respect for the business' products and services.

Assigning Leadership
Effective management is about more that just delegation; it is also about assigning leadership roles and empowering your employees to take on tasks. When you give employees some freedom to choose their own projects and to assume responsibilities, you empower them to do good work. Generally, employees want to feel challenged in their jobs and want the feeling of success that comes with a job well done, especially when the project was self-initiated.

Rewards and Compensation
Compensation is about more than just giving your employees a paycheck. Let your employees know, both verbally and in writing, that they've done a good job. Send email messages to all staff to acknowledge hard work and dedication. If you have the resources, give your employees bonuses or incentives. Often, even a small token or gesture of thanks can go a long way in motivating your employees and helping them feel supported in the work place.

Advertisement Placeholder
Except the particular staff makes complain of the monotonous nature of their assigned assignment, there is now need to think you must change these staffs from one section to another
[automerge]1625666870[/automerge]
Except the particular staff makes complain of the monotonous nature of their assigned assignment, there is now need to think you must change these staffs from one section to another

For your business to work out you need to learn how to manage your staff's. They are the key of your business. If you don't treat them well, your business may fail but if you pay them very well they will be working hard for you

I believe I'm specialization, if an employee is good at a department then I don't see why he should be moved I would only move someone who is not functioning well and I feel will function better in that department.
Managing staff is one of the key success of an economy and also an organisation because if staffs I will manage then the output of an organisation will be high.

A better human resources manager will.want to keep.their best brains for the best jobs and Increase productivity. I see no reason why you will want to quick to replace them just yet. They should stay in their posts a while longer I guess
I think all managers she will endeavour to try and retain all their best brains as these people are the ones that will make the business to become more successful and be able to navigate through anytime because they have highly intelligent workers who have a lot of experience to move the organisation forward.

One would need to understand why they are being kept specially in a department then i would be able to provide a suggestion or opinion on the question but basically if a worker is productive in a department I don't see the need for such a one to be transferred instead should be promoted.

the management of staff in an organization could be a key features in the building of the company and also for better productivity.

One would need to understand why they are being kept specially in a department then i would be able to provide a suggestion or opinion on the question but basically if a worker is productive in a department I don't see the need for such a one to be transferred instead should be promoted.
Most times the transfer is because there is a branch where the person needs to go and help improve the state of things there. And in most cases it comes with promotion.

Most times the transfer is because there is a branch where the person needs to go and help improve the state of things there. And in most cases it comes with promotion.
Yes,in some companies, transfers helps to improve the efficiency of staff. It makes them get used to different work terrains and boost their wealth of experience. For other companies, it's for expansion of the business.

Managing staff in a key section of s company is very important because some staff are very negligent to the point that if you don't manage them well they will just leave their work without doing it and later be expecting money at the end of the month

You have to be very close and sensitive in managing your staff. Get close to them and down let your guide down. Have a good communication rapour with them

The best way to manage staff is to hire people who have experience related to the department you want to hire a person for. Another good way to do is to hire a manager who also has the relavant experience and the owner of the business should also try to focus on departments that are not performing well.
Hiring experienced people into a particular department is not management, management of business staff means managing them and always guiding them on what to do and the rues they must follow.

Managing Business and all the department of the business is very important because this will determine the success of the business whether the owner likes it or not. Improper Business management will definitely lead to failure

Managing Business and all the department of the business is very important because this will determine the success of the business whether the owner likes it or not. Improper Business management will definitely lead to failure
managing a business is important but hiring a staff for managing is not necessary. That create extra burden and the budget may increase. it is important that staff should be taken only when extremely required.

It doesn't matter how long you choose to keep a particular staff in a particular position so long as the staff is very good at his job and post. It won't matter if he enjoys his duties

I believe I'm specialization, if an employee is good at a department then I don't see why he should be moved I would only move someone who is not functioning well and I feel will function better in that department.
Managing of staff is being run by the human resource manager and is a very key an important aspect of the business that helps the business to grow.

the management of staff in an organization could be a key features in the building of the company and also for better productivity.
The management of staff in an organisation is a very important aspect of your organisation because human resources are the most important aspect in an organisation even more than the capital because it is this humans that makes the organisation to work.

Management of staff is not the most important thing because they can easily be controlled, the most important thing is how you can manage your business to make it to be successful and popular.

Although this factor you are reffering to might be the baseline of a successful business, some staffs are just way too difficult to handle.

You have to take good care of those people at the financial section of your company. These people are capable of bringing down the company or a business through bag accounting.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds