Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Managing a business from another country. the

it is possible to manage business from another county provided you have a running system in place while you are building the business. A strong system will ensure that the business thrive in your absent.

Advertisement Placeholder
Managing a business from another country or location isn't easy. You have to put a capable person in charge of the business. It also requires constant monitoring and supervision for it to grow.

it can be very difficult to run a business from another country if you don't have good representative on ground to manage the business for you. This is the reason why it is very important to build a system that works efficiently for your business.

Believe me that it is going to be so much difficult for you to manage and scale up and offline as business if you are not close to the location. There are some tools that can help you in communication and tracking of your sales though.

My uncle who stays abroad owns a school in the country, so that got me wondering managing such businesses from far away there must be challenges attached to it. What are such challenges?
My uncle who stays abroad owns a school in the country, so that got me wondering managing such businesses from far away there must be challenges attached to it.
What are such challenges?
One of the challenges would be your inability to handle situations the way you would want to.
Most times even though you have a manager overseeing your business as you travel, there are certain decisions or ways issues are handled by him or her, that would have been better done in your presence.

Of course there are many challenges that come with managing a business from another country. For one thing, you are not physically there to monitor it. And if the employees are not trustworthy, they might not be truthful with the profits. That is one challenge.
The key is to find someone you can trust to be your eyes and ears in the company. But still it won't be as easy as if you were there yourself. Just too many challenges

I am sure since the internet has evolved a lot, we must look for a way to control business by using the internet. The problem is that no matter how much we try, we cannot control business fully until or unless we are physically present in the country where we conduct business.

Having a business in another country while you're in your own country might be a little bit risky if your employees are not competent and trustworthy. Now even if you have the time to be there you must know how to go about running it with other engagements in your country to maintain a good returns and results.

it can be very difficult to run a business from another country if you don't have good representative on ground to manage the business for you. This is the reason why it is very important to build a system that works efficiently for your business.
That is what I am also thinking, in a situation like this you only have to deal with trusted people because most people might want to use this opportunity to exploit your business if it is not properly guided.

That is what I am also thinking, in a situation like this you only have to deal with trusted people because most people might want to use this opportunity to exploit your business if it is not properly guided.
That is where the problem lies as it can be very difficult to see people to entrust your business without exploiting his to their own advantage. some will see it as an opportunity to amassing wealth for themselves without caring about the growth of your business.

Theres nithing bad in having a business in another country and managing it from your own side of the country, i believe its possibke if you have a good management that will be giving you update in how the business is going.

That is where the problem lies as it can be very difficult to see people to entrust your business without exploiting his to their own advantage. some will see it as an opportunity to amassing wealth for themselves without caring about the growth of your business.
If I employ you into my business and my business is is not working, maybe you have exploit my business to a point in which the business collapses ,there is no other choice than that you are going to pay and rise my business.. you must pay.

If I employ you into my business and my business is is not working, maybe you have exploit my business to a point in which the business collapses ,there is no other choice than that you are going to pay and rise my business.. you must pay.
You have to first establish that the person is the reason why your business fails. You must be able to come out with some facts which shows that the person siphon money from companies fund. Then you can proceed to the court to claim for the damages done by the person to your company.

It is very possible that you can manage your business from another country provided you have somebody that is overseeing it physically. You can always use management tools like zoom and productivity tools for you to track progress.

Well, one of the efficient ways I can actually think of is to employ someone you trust to manage such business and stand in in your absence and probably give account to you at certain intervals

You have to first establish that the person is the reason why your business fails. You must be able to come out with some facts which shows that the person siphon money from companies fund. Then you can proceed to the court to claim for the damages done by the person to your company.
Some of them are always so smart that I will not be able to have all this record ,then in a situation like this what am I going to do, does it really mean that my business will just gone down the drain ?

Some of them are always so smart that I will not be able to have all this record ,then in a situation like this what am I going to do, does it really mean that my business will just gone down the drain ?
If they are smart you should find a way to outsmart them. This is the reason why you need to make auditing part of your business. You can hire an external auditor to look at the finances of your company in order to detect foul play by your workers.

The truth is there is always a lot of challenges attached to running a business from another country especially when you don't have a reliable or supportive staffs or employees but the challenges reduces when you have effective and trusted one

It can be a bad decision to leave your business behind and travel abroad. This can be risky if you don't have much trust on the people you left behind the system. Sad thing is that they are going to explore it your business to make more profit for themselves.

It's all about finding a trust worthy person to help manage the business while you are away. Though people are not to be trusted but there are still honest individuals I bet you. Apart from having to face a manager who isn't loyal/honest, there are other challenges which involves not being able to reach him when there is an emergency.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds