Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Longest time you worked in one go?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
What was the longest time you worked in one go? Was it an all-nighter? Or maybe it was days of work or more? I have had days where I would be sitting at my computer doing work all day. I'm not a fan of that, so I schedule my time better to get my work done first, and then I can do whatever I want.

Anyway, what's the longest time you worked in one go?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well the longest I have worked is actually 13 hours and it was actually my first time working that long but then at some point I actually got very use to it

The longest and I have working in my workplace is 12 hours straight without any break. All my bodies were aching by the time I got back home by that time. I have to spend a few more days to rest in order to recuperate my energy.

I can recall working from 7am to 8pm in my former workplace. There were so many unfinished tasks and there was a deadline to meet.

The longest time I have worked in a go is actually about 10hrs and it was in a carpentry shop ,it wasn't easy I just have to do the plenty job at that period

If my memory serves me right, the longest I've sat at my system working on a document was close to about 10 hours though I took breaks in between but I didn't get to leave till I completed it.
The next closest time was being in a business meeting for almost 9 hours.

The longest time I worked using a mobile device was 3weeks ago as I had an impromptu assignment deadline to meet up. I literally sat for 11hours using my mobile device.

I could very well remember my days as an office slave. I was an accountant and there are internal and external deadlines for reports on top of the day-to-day tasks. There were occasions when our group had to stay in the office for a week because we need all the hours we can squeeze out of each employee in the department. I've worked for more than 24 hours on one of those important deadlines, believe it or not. I'm sure I'm not alone.

I won't recommend an accounting career for people who are highly social and have plans of raising a family. Many companies don't offer adequate support and compensation which can result in a high employee turnover rate. Employees often have to render overtime work because the department is understaffed. It doesn't work in the long term.

I am a very disciplined person so I do not have with my time,if it would take me 20hrs to work and get the work done I am ready to sit and execute the job provided I am giving 45minute break

There have been times that I did work for more than 20 hours. I would work 12 hours offline and start my online gig for 8 hours. Though I was making money but it was affecting my health badly. That's why I stopped lest I have my health deteriorated.

This occurs most times when I have a deadline to meet for a project coupled with other works untouched and I could spend more than half a day on the computer trying to sort out one job after the other. That was 13 straight hours.

This happens to me during the festivity periods. I find myself working long hours with minimal rest. I could go 12 hours straight. I'm not also a fan of that. It burns me out.

Personally, I have my offline job and some other online platform I am managing for some extra income. As for my offline job, the highest i work is 12hrs. And for online, like this forum, it is between 30 minutes and one hour intervals.

I think the longest I have had to work was yesterday, I was called by a relative to help sort out some files. We started sorting out the files from morning till 7pm in the evening, after that I started doing my online gigs till around after 10.

Although, my work is a manual hand work which is farming, which if I am over serious to finish a specific task in farm, it took me about 9hrs.

I don't spend much time online because I have so many things to do offline,I only spend 5hrs daily online, I wish I could spend more than this but This the best I can do.

What was the longest time you worked in one go? Was it an all-nighter? Or maybe it was days of work or more? I have had days where I would be sitting at my computer doing work all day. I'm not a fan of that, so I schedule my time better to get my work done first, and then I can do whatever I want.

I have worked eight hours straight without standing up to stretch.
That day, there was a task that was supposed to have been completed the previous day which wasn't.
So, my boss made us sit and tidy up our desks before leaving.

Remember when I was working in a printing press. I literally worked from morning to mid night without rest. Only break I had for myself was when I got something to eat

I think the longest time I have ever worked at a go had been for four hours.
Then I would stand up to stretch or use the ladies. On bizdustry, I have worked for threew hours straight.

I have worked 12 hours straight (with bathroom breaks, and lunch and dinner breaks) to work on a project. I made $100 from that project.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds