Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Logo and Theme?

I don't make my own themes, but I typically make my own logos. I'm not talented enough to make a decent theme. :p I have made a Sonic theme once on Invisionfree that looked decent though. xD

Logo, generally yes - although for Nerdface I commissioned the second version of the logo that was used.

Styles, I used to design my own back in the vBulletin days - but now I leave it to those with far superior skills than I. That being said, I do generally make a number of customisations to them to still try and stand out from the crowd a bit.

In terms of the theme I use for a forum, I tend to use either free themes or paid themes if I am able to pay for one. In terms of the logo though, I do like to make my own if possible where I can as I feel I much prefer something I can get just how I like it rather than something someone else created which may not match the niche of my forum.

I will make logos and some other elements, but for the most part I was a coder. I could always make something that wasn't created in the original design when needed, but I wasn't the best at website design. I always coded my own sites and forums though.

Logo, generally yes - although for Nerdface I commissioned the second version of the logo that was used.

Styles, I used to design my own back in the vBulletin days - but now I leave it to those with far superior skills than I. That being said, I do generally make a number of customisations to them to still try and stand out from the crowd a bit.
Modifying themes is my go-to. With all the options and designs of there, it seems unnecessary to even try to build from scratch unless you have decent coding skills. After all, why build a house when you can just redecorate!

Re. Logos I quite like the clean and minimalist look which is fairly easy to make myself - anything more complicated I'd think about a commission though!

I'll grab a style and start working on modifying it to fit what I want.
My logos... generally I create them myself and will usually find some free clipart to include in some manner in it.

Screen Shot 2023-07-14 at 1.42.54 AM.png
This logo was created for use on IPS and a style from Ehren.... but it worked well with the style for SMF I have running on that domain right now.

Over in the RP space I did very very heavy redesigns for the sites I worked on, for simple fact that the RP scene is very “about the aesthetic”.

Just as an example how a logo that you have given some thought to can be used for more than what you originally designed it for... this one is now being used on XF.. so that's 3 scripts it has worked well with. I'm playing with the "stock" XF style and tweaking the colors... still probably will grab XenBase from PixelExit to work with due to features it offers, but wanted to try something new.

Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 12.25.57 PM.png

Yes.. yes I do, you could call it my Hobby haha :D.
I would love to make my own graphics as a hobby :) I never thought I would have so much fun creating my own graphics but I really enjoy it. I do need more practice but it is something I like to do when I have some spare time.

I think making my own logo and themes are the best bits about having my own forum! :) However, because I use Jcink there's a lot less involved in making a skin when compared to other forum software like XenForo or vBulletin.

Simple to download a theme free or paid, and then you can edit the theme to how you like it and how it would fit your needs for that site. Most all themes are eas to edit to yourself.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor