Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Know the Difference between Investment and Business

To know the difference we have to explain what investment and business is. First let’s take investment and ask Wikipedia for the definition. Investment is the commitment of money or capital to purchase financial instruments or other assets in order to gain profitable returns in form of interest, income, or appreciation of the value of the instrument.

Whew. Alright how about we talk that in English. Investment is just placing cash in something in the expectation of making a benefit later on. You can invest in numerous things, such countless examples of ventures like land, real estate, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, forex, and so forth....

What is business: A business is an association or organization that provides products and services and makes benefit subsequently. We have internet business, retail (buy&sell) business and other examples of business.
In a short, I can say
Investment = Management of Money with a commitment to developing it.
Business = Management of the cash developing procedure on an everyday premise.

Advertisement Placeholder
The definition of business and investment may seem different. But, I think business is also an investment because money and effort is being put into the business to bring in profit. The income/profit is the capital and return on the investment.
This two are majorly similar as money is involve in the both of them. However, Standing difference between them is in business, you are actively involve while in investment, you are passively involve. Your money is working for you.

To know the difference we have to explain what investment and business is. First let’s take investment and ask Wikipedia for the definition. Investment is the commitment of money or capital to purchase financial instruments or other assets in order to gain profitable returns in form of interest, income, or appreciation of the value of the instrument.

Whew. Alright how about we talk that in English. Investment is just placing cash in something in the expectation of making a benefit later on. You can invest in numerous things, such countless examples of ventures like land, real estate, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, forex, and so forth....

What is business: A business is an association or organization that provides products and services and makes benefit subsequently. We have internet business, retail (buy&sell) business and other examples of business.
Thanks for your explanation, I really understood the layman explanation. But I'll like to know someone who makes an investment in a venture and sometimes makes an input in the business, would he or she still be referred to as an investor?

This is true,as much as investment and business seem thesame,there is a clear difference between them which distinguish one from the other. It could occur to a lame man to be the same but the difference is clear.

There is a clear difference between investment and business in the sense that investment is a money scheme business that a person ventured into to bring money and while business is the set up of an individual enterprises or government enterprises to make profit.

I have to say that investment and business are almost the same. In order to start a business you have to invest your money. There is no business without investment. Both business and investment go hand in hand.

Investment and Business are two different things. Right now in business if you want to go into business you need to seek for short time say to see your profit but for investment you will wait for long term to make your money in the long run

Seriously,so there is a difference between business and investment, until now I never thought of it.
Business entails buying and selling of good and rendering of services.
While investment is committing your money into something that will yield return on investment.
Thank goodness you know now. That is one of the advantages of being on this forum. Business entails buying and selling of goods and services while investment is putting your capital into a business or trade which could yield you interest.

Business and investment paint go hand in hand. The difference is that business is a business on the wings and investments are the things that invest in it. With investment paint we run the business and we re-invest what is fit to avoid wasting in the business. In this way profit is made and investment also grows and business expands.

Investment and business are the same, so you need to make some money in anticipation of future profits or benefits. However, the main difference is that in business. While you are active in management while investing, your role is more passive.

This is actually a very good definition of these two terms people normally used to confused investment and business. The truth is they are very different from each other business is any legal activities that aims to make profits while investment just aims to make income by putting money on assets.

Investment is when you invest money in order to get some profit in return, while business is a commercial organisation tgat produce product that people can purchase. Investment sometimes comes with either profit or loss.

My there, no matter how you to find a distinction between this two simantics, investments and businesses are one and the same. You can't tell me you are running a business without an investment. You can't say you are invested in something that will not translate to profits

In my own opinion I will say that business is the general term for any form of investment. There are so many investment you can think of. Investment in agriculture, investment in education, investment in real estate, and so on. On the other hand, any business is also a form of investment.

Investments and business are similar in that both need you to commit some money in anticipation of future profit or benefit. The key difference, however, is that in business; you are actively involved in management while in investments,

The difference between investment and business are very clear because investment is a kind of saving money in terms of hard times then you use it,why business is the medium of opening maybe a small market or super store to sale out product and services to customers.

I may be wrong but this seems to be a case of Simple Duplication. Both sections have the same type of posts. They both carry educational and practical posts. In Nigeria when we speak of business ,it is the same as investments. Since bonds and other complicated financial instruments are not part of our everyday lexicon in Nigeria. Why not combine both sections into one on this forum? They could be combined into a section focusing on the practical aspects of business operations . Secondly the other section could focus on financial/economic education! Anyway this is my own conjecture and i may be wrong!

Investments and business are similar in that both need you to commit some money in anticipation of future profit or benefit. The key difference, however, is that in business; you are actively involved in management while in investments, your role is more passive.

One thing with business I that you as the owner of the business has ti work hard and maje sure that you make what you have planned for. While Investment is the process of supporting an ongoing business in which you will not work but you will be receiving an income

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds