Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Know of any cases of nepotism?

Advertisement Placeholder
This is what you see in most government agencies around the world especially in my own country here. You see a serving minister employing people that are majorly of his ethnic stock into offices and excluding others

This is a very common practice in my country and location, these days its hard to even get a job unless you know someone on the inside or in most cases, you know someone that knows someone inside the system

I indeed do. It happens a lot.Even in government jobs. A friend in authority will just take in most of his/her friends and family members for jobs not minding if they have the qualifications or not

Nepotism is the normal in my country especially in government where appointment and contracts are giving to family and friends. A particular region of the country are occupying the top positions in the country simply because the president is from that region.

An average citizen in my country would definitely know about nepotism and cryonism because it's a common thing, many government jobs and contracts that were meant for citizens have been covered up by relatives of the managers

Nepotism or cronyism is a very terrible way of running anything really. You can find cronyism amongst businesses whose cronies rum certain agency of the government getting all the contracts even if they don't qualify for those contract bidding process

I think nepotism is common thing today in the government because if you don't have anybody in the government to contact there is no way for that person to get a job.

The case of nepotism is very common most especially in the third world countries of Africa, Asia and Latin America which is carried out both in government organisation and the private owned organisation or enterprise.

Yes, it's the current colour of my country. I remember when we applied for a federal job, l and other applicants were from different tribe and state. After we wrote the test and were interviewed, l was among the top 5 to be selected. After a week, we all( the selected five) got a rejection mail and when l asked after the lucky one who got the job, l found out that he didn't join us in going through the interview processes, rather he was smuggled in through the back door and was given the job he never worked for or qualified for. That was the height of nepotism, because he was related to the MD of the organization.

Nepotism is a very bad business ethic in any organisation.I know of a case involving a friend who out of qualification in a well structured organisation was removed after passing an interview and have started work,he was replaced by a person favoured by the employer.

I consider nepotism as the same with favouritism. that's given an unfair opportunity to someone related to you over others whom you see they are not closely related to you or connected to someone in authority.

Nepotism is closely linked with favoritism. I've been directly involved in cases where I was employed and given an apartment but it was retrieved from me with the excuse that the house needed renovation only for him to give it to his relative.

A lot of nepotism cases especially in the company where I work presently. The supervisor is always waiting for staffs to resign willingly so that he could fix his own relatives where they don't even deserve.

yes I have seen many of such cases ,In situation were by people in authority gives jobs to there friends even if they are not qualified for the job , many people are into it, it has happens to me once on a job interview, I had all the qualifications for the job but they took someone who is not even qualified for the interview

Nepotism is a very serious rampant disease in my country here. Funny thing is it's roots are growing stronger by the day as it's getting enmeshed in loads of tribalism.
The language of "my brother" once anyone has been spotted from your region beclouds thinking and from then on, favours are only shown to those people

I know many cases of nepotism and cronyism in my county government. The governor, who is the president at the county level is so used to only hiring his friends and relatives to the county offices. There is nothing we can do about this, we just watch as discrimination takes over.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds