Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Favoritism and Nepotism on the Job

Yes man. I think at some point we have all seen or experienced nepotism and favouritism in places or work or even establishment. It gets bad when the person you are bringing in isn't qualified at all.

Advertisement Placeholder
Nepotism involves favoritism for family members and relatives regarding hiring or promotion, as well as appointing authorities in some areas. On the other hand, nepotism involves favoritism for friends or relatives of friends for recruiting or promotion.

Favouritism and nepotism is not good it has led to the present problems we have in our world today such as lack of jobs, kidnapping, fraud, death of innocent lives but God will help us all.

Favoritism and nepotism Is very common in my country of residence. Most of the time, the people occupying high positions do not merit it. We have seen many of these people disgrace the country on several occasions.

I had a very sad and bad experience of the word favouritism which makes me dislike the person in charge. An employment opportunity was to be given to people but then the manger disapproved and disqualified them and appointed those who are related to him and the qualified candidate.
It has become the order of the day and people have become so much addicted to it principles because even if you are aware, there is nothing that can be done to prevent it happening.

Last edited:
I don't think any serious minded business person would want to be in a position to engaged someone that is not really qualify and competent to carry out his role and duties in an organisation.Profit and competence is the key here.

Nepotism involves favoritism for family members and relatives regarding hiring or promotion, as well as appointing authorities in some areas. On the other hand, nepotism involves favoritism for friends or relatives of friends for recruiting or promotion.
Nepotism and favouritism is not good in the business world , its an avenue where you always favour your family member ahead of every other people else even when you know they dont worth it .

Favouritism and nepotism, whereby jobs are given to friends or relatives, are also forms of corruption. Are you aware of any such practices?
I am fully aware that partiality and nepotism is rife in various workplaces across the country. One workplace I know has the relatives and friends of the CEO in top leadership positions for which they are hugely under-qualified for

Favoritism and nepotism Is very common in my country of residence. Most of the time, the people occupying high positions do not merit it. We have seen many of these people disgrace the country on several occasions.
Not only that people occupying the highest position in my country does not qualify and fit for the position, they also give job to people that are not qualified for the post because they are closer to them .

we went for the Federal Road Safety Corps recruitment,having gone through the process successfully, we only discovered that our file numbers has been given to others. So it is crystal clear that I am fully aware of Nepotism and Favouritism.

I am very aware of happenings of favouritism and nepotism because it is common place in my country either in the private sector or government institutions. To occupy positions or so called juicy positions or employment it is no longer by merit.
[automerge]1635350166[/automerge]
I am very aware of happenings of favouritism and nepotism because it is common place in my country either in the private sector or government institutions. To occupy positions or so called juicy positions or employment it is no longer by merit.
This has always been the case especially in the public sector,and this is so because of the system does not value merit,its source of funding is usually from the government,and so things are done in mostly unprofessional manner.

Most work jobs still include favoritism and nepotism.
It is not at all beneficial to society when those in positions of power use their influence to place their friends and relatives in open positions even though they are not qualified for them.

Favoritism is when somebody in a position of control gives special treatment to a individual or a bunch based on individual sentiments or connections rather than justify. Nepotism, on the other hand, is when somebody in a position of control gives special treatment to family individuals or relatives.

Will you like to come to Nigeria? And see how the favourism has eaten us to the bone. You might even have to follow it up with some bribery to ensure the job is totally secured.

This is something that I believe will never cease to happen in Nigeria because it has entered into the core and Foundation of job recruitment in Nigeria that a poor man can never get any job that is reasonable in the country.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds