Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Key Points to know if you have wasted your time on Work

Quert

Loyal member
Credits
An average worker can have a total time of working for 8 hours straight, however some of us after completing work we tend to recall what are the things we have done for the past 8 hours and some might end up left unanswered.

Now to avoid such problems and doubt if you just have wasted your 8 hours of work, try to reflect on these questions.

1. How should the individual in this position contribute to the organization’s mission?

2. How do employees assess their work's impact?

3. How do individuals communicate with clients and users in this role?

These questions are my usual keypoints to know if I have wasted my 8 hours in the workplace or not, I do hope it help you as well. How about you? If you have something to add please feel free to drop it in the comment.

Advertisement Placeholder
That's a good question asked by your side. but I do not think so that we waste our time by doing work. but sometimes it's occurring by some kind of issues and we think what are the things we have done for our last hours. but as everyone has their own mentality firstly I would think that the planning is such a kind of important thing before doing something so planned the work properly. I think it helpful for you.

Wasting your is not too worthy unless you didn't get any experience by that. If you got experience by your time period without earning money will also be good. But Try to overcome those mistakes which were made by you. Patience is the key to gett success.
Determination is very handy for your business growth.
Try to follow tips which is mentioned in thread.

An average worker can have a total time of working for 8 hours straight, however some of us after completing work we tend to recall what are the things we have done for the past 8 hours and some might end up left unanswered.

Now to avoid such problems and doubt if you just have wasted your 8 hours of work, try to reflect on these questions.

1. How should the individual in this position contribute to the organization’s mission?

2. How do employees assess their work's impact?

3. How do individuals communicate with clients and users in this role?

These questions are my usual keypoints to know if I have wasted my 8 hours in the workplace or not, I do hope it help you as well. How about you? If you have something to add please feel free to drop it in the comment.
For me, to know and determine if it is a waste of time is, if it doesnt meet what you want to expect from it. I mean, yes youre earning money, buying things if you want to. But the satisfaction is not achieved, and happiness towards work you dont feel.

I really don't grab what you stated above but if I can understand you to an extent sometimes after 8 hours of work they could be that you were not as productive as you ought to be. I don't believe anybody goes to work for at least 8 hours and waste their time unless probably it's just a work that is not productive in the first place.

I think that you would naturally feel it in your bones when you've been productive. If not, it would help to keep tabs on yourself.

You already have the general idea of the organization with which you work with. So what you can do is to set a daily target of things you need to get done satisfactorily. When you tick off all the boxes for the day, you'd know whether or not your time has been wasted.

I can't really understand what you listed, but as what I understand about your point is that how to know when one is wasting time on work. Anyway, before you can start a business/work you have to make a plan and goals setting of day or week, so that you will know what you are working for to achieve. and you must make you are making effort towards your goals, then if you can not able to achieves or close to your goals in a day or week, You are wasting your time.

That's just it. When you set your goals realistically for the day or week, there's no way you wouldn't figure it out. You will decipher it all, you will know what are you work best with ease and what area you need improvement on.

I run a school. My method of evaluation is based on the dailys work. I ask all teachers to bring one note each randomly from the students to confirm if they have truely completed that days work by cross checking with the time table.

That's a good question asked by your side. but I do not think so that we waste our time by doing work. but sometimes it's occurring by some kind of issues and we think what are the things we have done for our last hours. but as everyone has their own mentality firstly I would think that the planning is such a kind of important thing before doing something so planned the work properly. I think it helpful for you.
Video games. Reality TV. Surfing the ‘net. Stuffing your face with too much food. Drinking too much. And the list goes on. Take a serious look at your life. Where are you spending the majority of your time? And does it serve you well? Is it leading to a better life? Is it laying the foundation for a bright future? If not, then you need to reevaluate your routine activities and make changes

Signs You're Wasting Life But You Can't Admit It
  • You spend too much time doing things you shouldn't be doing. ...
  • You find yourself complaining a lot. ...
  • You don't feed your mind. ...
  • You have a lot of negative self-talk. ...
  • You feel uninspired. ...
  • You don't plan for your future. ...
  • You spend too much time with people who don't contribute to your growth. ...
  • You're addicted to your phone.

Productivity is the major indication are used to measure whether I have wasted my time with a job or not. if my productivity is below the par will know that I have wasted a lot of time with the job. Work-rate is another thing is I used to indicate my productiveness only job. If my work rate is high, it means I didn't waste my time with picture.

You can tell that you have wasted your time on work when you don't feel that you're paid right and when you think that you deserve better. You should be happy on what your doing to be more productive at work.

How to know whether one has wasted time on a job is to check the time one started the job and check whether he had any saving.
It should be noted that having a savings through a job us not a waste of time.

Well I don't think there's anything like wasting of time when it comes to working or business but the thing is I think you have to plan your things well before you start make a feasibility study and plan everything down before you start that will make your capital and your time you know efficient

Oh yes you right but as for me I don't look at it that way much but what I no is that if I want to know may have wasted my time on such a work is when I checked everything have been doing for weeks on the work if not moving then I back off and know it's a wasting time because no matter how am working on anything I always put target one it

You spend too much time doing things you shouldn't be doing. You find yourself complaining a lot. You don't feed your mind. You have a lot of negative self talk. You feel uninspired. You don't plan for your future.

I really don't grab what you stated above but if I can understand you to an extent sometimes after 8 hours of work they could be that you were not as productive as you ought to be. I don't believe anybody goes to work for at least 8 hours and waste their time unless probably it's just a work that is not productive in the first place.
I think the biggest problem at work is that they waste our time For example, a school which is built in a very noisy place and if a teacher is giving a lecture, he will not be able to give a good lecture due to the noise of vehicles. This will disturb the time.Sometimes people don't turn off their mobile phones, which is a waste of time due to a call or message And the answer to this question will only come when you know your job or work Some people work on mobile, they work from different sites, big businessmen and dealers use every cell.

Its a great point of accessing how impactful a worker had been to an organization, mostly I also have a set of accessment to use in knowing how impact that my worj had been in the organization. One of them is how my work has contributed to the company and the society and the business.

But, here’s the thing: If I’m going to be squandering those moments anyway, I’d always rather kill that hour or so with something enjoyable (read: falling down the YouTube black hole). If you ask me, that’s far better than investing unnecessary elbow grease into a pointless task or project that’s masquerading as something important.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds