Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Keeping Employees - Retaining or high turnover?

I have never hired anyone for a long term. I hire for short term and if I am satisfied, I will hire again but I the work contract is for a short term. When I am dissatisfied, I will never hire again.

Advertisement Placeholder
If you are working for a business or yourself, do employees tend to stay on for a long time or is there a high rate of turnover?
I've worked in both scenarios and it is better to have workers stay on for at least five years. Higher turnover means training new people all the time and can be very wasteful

It depends on the organization's compensation structure, but if you don't mind losing employees with expertise to work with rookies, it's a benefit.

One of the things that make most employees move on to other opportunities is the pay and also career advancement. As good as it is to be loyal to your employer, it makes no sense to stick with a job that pays you peanuts when the offer for a better pay is staring you in the face.

It's for the best interest of everyone (both employer and employees) to avoid high turnover. Employers would always keep spending especially if there's anything like benefits attached to severance; business grows when there are the right people at the wheel driving processes.
Employees lose when they keep jumping from one job to the other. It would reduce the chances of getting employment as they'll want to know if you're going to be long or short term.

Different strokes for different folks, they are people who enjoy their work and like working for s long time in a place while some like to change with the slightest high rate opportunities

If you are working for a business or yourself, do employees tend to stay on for a long time or is there a high rate of turnover?
It all depends on the individual involved,because if the employee have a good reason to emain being that he sees a good prospects of growth and increment interms of capacity bulding and added experience on the job,then he can decide to stay put,eventhough the salary might be low.

These days most employees don't work long in a particular organization sometimes due to Ill treatment in that organization or little pay and very demanding work.

Different strokes for different folks, they are people who enjoy their work and like working for s long time in a place while some like to change with the slightest high rate opportunities
Exactly, personally if I am working in an organization and I come across another place willing to take me with a better working conditions and better way I won't waste anytime. What about you, what's your choice?

It depends on the job's they do and the payment. Some employees quits their jobs simply because they are paid been paid a very little amount of money.

I think it depends on the salary and allowance structure, company policies and the way the workers are treated by the management. Some workers will stay for a longer time even if the pay is low provided they are treated well by the management.

Well it depends on the kind of person you retain and if it is someone that is actually hard working and dedicated and committed then that's a huge turn over

It depends on the work atmosphere and the salary gotten. If the salary is not encouraging then people will surely find other places that are better and work there
My employees have worked with me for a long time.
I have even devised means to retain them because of their competence.
motivating the employees helps to retain them.

When there is a good payment most employees wouldn't even consider being attracted to any other form of employment, in a situation like this I blame the company because they are the one that are not taking care of their employees financially. That is why they are able to look elsewhere

Well it depends on the econoical situation of the country in my country no body is willing to let go off their presents job not until another is gotten first
Employees get to stay where they are paid well and conditions to work made favourable for them because it is actually what they look out for when they are seeking for employment.

Over the past few years many people have realised that they tend to make more money if they do not stick to one workplace. A colleague of mine left and he negotiated up to 10% of the salary that he was making in our workplace.
The key is always to start in a small work place, gain experience and migrate to greener pastures. A staff that stays one place for too long is not progressive and lacks visions

Salary will be a very important factors here, when the payment is really good most people are likely to stayed there for some times until they are able to get a better employment and some people may not even bother to look for another.

when the payment is bad automatically they will start looking for a better employment.

One of the things that make most employees move on to other opportunities is the pay and also career advancement. As good as it is to be loyal to your employer, it makes no sense to stick with a job that pays you peanuts when the offer for a better pay is staring you in the face.
I am still running a small business and i am also working in a small organisation , likewise I have someone working for me in my own store, the money i am being paid is a peanut and i am also paying me employee too is not something you can be earning and be satisfied for ever, what I am saying in essence is that we can both get another job if we see better opportunities.

I work for an educational institute and it's a common know that there's some fault in the sector and so employers are capitalizing on that and paying low which is why employees don't stay long.

I used to work for a company with a very high attrition rate in all departments. The company provides basic benefits which are just slightly above mandatory benefits. Their employees' salaries are below industry standards yet the management demands a lot more from their employees. Multitasking and overtime work are quite common yet commendations and promotions are scarce. Why would employees stay when there are far better options and healthier working conditions? This situation isn't good for the company at all. There are opportunity costs every time the company pauses to train new employees. The ill will between the management and the employees causes strain in their relationships and this will certainly impact performance and productivity.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds