Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Keeping Employees - Retaining or high turnover?

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
If you are working for a business or yourself, do employees tend to stay on for a long time or is there a high rate of turnover?

Advertisement Placeholder
Over the past few years many people have realised that they tend to make more money if they do not stick to one workplace. A colleague of mine left and he negotiated up to 10% of the salary that he was making in our workplace.

It depends on the salary being given to the employee. Some business organisation normally pays peanuts and their workers always leaves within a short period to find greener pasture while employees normally stays where their salary increases and this normally helps the company sales too.

It depends on how well the company treats the employees. I have seen cases whereby the works have stayed for years and are not willing to move. This is simply because the company pays well and treats them well as well, there is no need find a new place when they have all they need.

I believe that there should be no kind of dignity in sticking to one company. If I can find a better offer and better work environment in another place then I am definitely going to.

Well it depends on the econoical situation of the country in my country no body is willing to let go off their presents job not until another is gotten first

It depends on the salary structure of the organization,but if you don't mind loosing people with experience to work with rookies then it's a plus for you

If employees are being treated well, there is a high possibility that they will stay for a long time working with you. However if you are not treating them well and you probably don't pay a good amount of money then the possibility of them staying for a long time is very low.

I think it depends on the modus operandi of the business, some businesses don't retain employees that long, they want newer and more efficient employees. I do think retaining staffs for long can help the business.

I feel that the mangerial structure has a lot to play on this if the payment is favourable the there will be much retained staff.

It's a n obvious fact ot something to reason to that if your employees are known to be staying long under you, It might just mean you're doing something good for them to want to stay on with you

From previous experiences, most of the employees tend to stay long especially those with high level of expertise and effectiveness in their fields, they stay long because their welfare is being improved by the company time to time, some are given official vehicles, increment in salaries plus massive bonuses, if the organization fails to do this, there are other organizations waiting to lure such intelligent employees with mouth watering benefits.

From previous experiences, most of the employees tend to stay long especially those with high level of expertise and effectiveness in their fields, they stay long because their welfare is being improved by the company time to time, some are given official vehicles, increment in salaries plus massive bonuses, if the organization fails to do this, there are other organizations waiting to lure such intelligent employees with mouth watering benefits.
Yes that might also be another of seeing it too. These employees have gotten all they want from the company and are still been treated fairly and well by the company and so they choose to rather stay on than leave

If you are working for a business or yourself, do employees tend to stay on for a long time or is there a high rate of turnover?
I really don't understand the question thou but retaining a staff or making a staff stay for long and making profit simply means the staff is doing great at their job.

I believe in retaining employees because they are already familiar with the objectives/principles of the company.

Retaining the employees makes the turnover high provided the employees are loyal to the boss by carried out there responsibilities in accordance to the rules and regulations of the company

If you are good at taking care of your employees, and paying their salary without any delay, there is a very high possibility that they will continue to stay with you unless something make it a must for them to leave.

There a lot of factors that will make an employee to stay put in an organisation,the pay is a factor and the prospect of moving up in your cereer is another,when some of these things are lacking the employee would have no option than to move.

it depends on how you handle your employees ,if you handle them well and pay them well as well you won't have a problem,but if a employee is not well paid ,he will find a way to go away.

If I am working with an organization, I do not tend to work there for a long time, especially when there is no increment in salary over time.
Once there is a job offer elsewhere with a better pay, many people may tend to let go of their jobs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds