Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is there any difference between marketing and selling?

Marketing and selling are different but working for each other in terms of business. Marketing is a process of Promoting and distributing of product or service to instigate a customer to buy a product or service. While selling is the process of exchanging a goods and money between seller and buyer in which that seller will give customers a goods and buyer will give money to seller.
marketing is the promotional strategy a business or an organisation put in place to be able conscientise their target customers and enlightened them about a produt or services.But the actual convertion of this effort into exchange for such services with cash,selling has just taken place.

Advertisement Placeholder
Ofcos I think there is there might be similar no doubt but they are not the same entities, marketing is about creating awareness and giving exposure to the products while sales takes it from the marketing sector and takes it further

I think that marketting is different from seing. Marketting involves the process of advertising and trying to convince people to patronize your goods or services. While selling is that act of giving customers goods or services in exchange of money, that means your marketting strategies have worked and so you have convinced people to buy from you.

There us actually a big difference between them in business. Marketing is encouraging someone to buy from you while seling is the actual exchange with the person.

In simple words, selling transforms the goods into money, but marketing is the method of serving and satisfying customer needs. The marketing process includes the planning of a product's and service's price, promotion and distribution.

There is a huge difference between marketing and selling. While marketing creates awareness for a product, selling on the other hand only concern itself with getting buyers for a product.

I think thr major difference in both is that marketing is the tool used in actually selling the product. Marketing are the strategy used in promoting or attracting more customers in buying the product.

I think there is a difference because marketing is just like you are promoting the product to get more audience or buyers and business is the trading zone

The both work together. When you market your business to prospective customers, and they indicate their interest to purchase same, then you will sell the products.

The both work together. When you market your business to prospective customers, and they indicate their interest to purchase same, then you will sell the products.
yes there is a big difference between marketing and selling, marketing involves persuading customers to buy your product why selling is the actual transactions that involves money.

There is actually a lot of difference between marketing and selling. Marketing in simple terms is what you do to attract the buyer while selling is the actual exchange.

People say marketing and selling are one and the same, I would love to get different opinions and some clearance on this topic please.
I think they are not the same one is the process that leads to the other, marketing is the act of telling someone about your product while selling is the person paying for the product you told them about.

Marketing and selling are different terminologies. Marketing is simply an act of promoting the product or name of a business while selling is an act of exchange

People say marketing and selling are one and the same, I would love to get different opinions and some clearance on this topic please.
They both work hand in hand together because without marketing is very hard to sell your product so you have to do the both of them together to be able to get the good result at the end of the business.

I think theres a difference between marketing and selling, and in my own opinion , I think marketing is the process of introducing your products to people and tells them its functions and how it works, while selling is the act of exchanging your goods for money.

Selling a product is the act in which you exchange a product for money, in the olden days people were doing trade by barter, marketing is an act in which you take out your products and exposed to a lot of people and in return for these people will buy it and patronize you

Marketing is the activity of presenting, advertising and selling company's products in the best possible way. While selling is only the activity of exchanging goods for an agree sum of money.

There is a clear difference between marketing and selling in the sense that marketing means the process of passing information of goods and services in the market to the final consumer,while selling means the process of giving goods for money.
I do not really understand what would make someone to think that there is a similarity between marketing a product and making sales. The only similarity between them is that sales might arise from your marketing strategies but the sales is not all the time.

No all marketing methods are intended towards selling. For example, branding is marketing but branding does not sell products, instead it tries to make people aware about the business.

selling transforms the goods into money, but marketing is the method of serving and satisfying customer needs. The marketing process includes the planning of a product's and service's price, promotion and distribution.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds