Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is there any difference between marketing and selling?

Marketing has to do with projecting what you have to offer for sale, while selling is giving out your product for a particular price.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think marketing is more of selling ,because when you are marketing you are doing more promotion for the product you want to sell than just selling

Marketing gives birth selling. Marketing as someone here said involves showcasing and doing campaigns for for products, it involves trying to woo potential customers to buy your product. While selling occurs when you have finally gotten customers to buy your products.

Concerning if there is a difference between marketing and selling. Well, I can say that both of the terms are Interwoven. Marketing is what you do to facilitate your selling, before you make a sale of a good, product or service, a marketing strategy would have been put in place. Marketing is more like advertising in aim to make a sale while selling is giving out good in exchange for money

This is Avery important question if you want to venture into business though. If you are marketing a product , you are doing things that would make it visible and make people to be willing to buy. Selling on the other hand happens after marketing where a person exchanges them for money.

Marketing is the awarness we put towards making known a particular product or services.
While selling is the exchange of the products that has been on awareness for cash.
A product need to be well known before sales can take place.

Marketing can be said to be one of the stages of production it involves creating awareness of a product in the market while selling is exchange of goods for money

The difference between marketing and selling is that with marketing you are trying to convince the audience to buy your product ,while selling you around making a sale

Marketing is making people aware of your products telling them it uses, how it can be used and the differences in other products while sales is getting the products to potential customers that requested for the products.

Marketing is making people aware of your products telling them it uses, how it can be used and the differences in other products while sales is getting the products to potential customers that requested for the products.
This should be the perfect comparism ,we know that without the existence of one of the two the product wont reach the final consumer

Marketing is an act of making client or customers to be aware of the good and service one intend rendering or selling out in a economic society.

People say marketing and selling are one and the same, I would love to get different opinions and some clearance on this topic please.
Marketing and selling are in the same department but different aspect, marketingbis the way of advertising your products to People through social media, TV , Radio e.t.c while selling is the process of exchanging you goods in return for money.

Marketing and selling are two different things. Marketing is what you do to attract customers to buy your products and selling is the act of exchanging products and services for money.

Marketing refers to the process of making general public aware about your product whereas selling refers to making public purchase your product and this is one of the basic difference between the two, according to me. Marketing leads to awareness and awareness leads to making people get attracted to your product and this in return leads to people buying your product.

For sure if I can say marketing involves promoting, packaging, distributing, pricing and selling of products while selling is part of marketing that involve the actual exchange between the buyer and the seller.

Marketing are the things to which you do that are aimed at convincing someone to buy from you while selling is the exchange of your product for a fee.

Yes, i think i have spotted a difference here.in marketing, you are creating an awareness, which does not necessarily mean there would be an exchange, but when you sell, exchange occurs.

Marketing is like a process with it's intent still on selling, without proper marketing sales would be affected so the two goes hand in hand , a good marketing program would have an effect on sales. Selling is the final stage before profits are made

I think marketing is more of selling ,because when you are marketing you are doing more promotion for the product you want to sell than just selling

I am not sure what do you mean by that but the fact of the matter is that marketing is simply a strategy to make people aware about your product and attract good customers to your product so that they might purchase what you have to offer. I believe that sale is also a part of marketing as it is the final step where you actually become successful when it comes to making customer buy your product.

There's a difference ofcourse. Selling is transforming the foods into money while marketing is the method of serving and satisfying customer needs. The marketing includes the pricing, planning, promotion and distribution of the product.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds